Chapter One

Two years.

Two years since Dylan saved my life.

Two years since he left and never came back.

Two years since he broke my heart.

(Ok guys so I just like died. Wattpad didn't save any of the work I just did so I'm sorry if I make it shorter :( )

I thought that maybe I could find him. That just maybe he could be here. Over those two years that Dylan had been gone I had looked everywhere for him, Grocery stores, Facebook, anywhere that there would be even the tiniest chance of finding him, but I found nothing over those two years.

You know I still have the jacket he gave me when he saved me that day. I promised myself that I would give it back to him, and that that was the only reason I was looking for him. I do that to myself a lot lately, I lie to myself but I never believe me. I knew the real reason I was looking for him, because I feel in love with him that day he saved my life, and when he left me, he broke me, not even realizing the effect that he had on me.

But then again, I was just the daughter of a poor shop owner, who lost her mom when she was little and ended up with the responsibility of taking care of her little sister, since her dad was always at work. But no one actually really knew that either. I was just the girl with an attitude that actually cared about her grades. I never went to parties, and I always answered questions from people I don't know with short answers that were right to the point.

I never even went out with anyone. Not that they didn't ask, but to me relationships were to much work and commitment, and I honestly didn't want some guy hanging around all the time.

Another reason I want to find him is to thank him for keeping me around for my little sister Emily, because since my dad can't afford any employees he has to work the shop 24/7. So without Dylan saving my life she wouldn't had anyone taking care of her and I wouldn't have been surprised is she got taken away from dad and sent into the foster system.

Our mom died when I was 11 a couple of days after giving birth to Em. Our dad tried to help and took off some time from work to come home and help me raise her, but eventually the bills caught up to us and he had to go back to the longer shifts. It was hard to grow up with out a mom, like I had to go bra shopping with my dad, and my neighbor had to show me everything I needed to know about my period. That was the most embarrassing thing I had ever had to go through.

He probably never even noticed me until that day, but I can't blame him, being the most popular guy in school and making straight As, doesn't exactly leave room for somebody like me. And to be completely honest I never really realized him before the incident either, I just though that he was some stuck up guy with a big ego so I stayed away from him. Now I kind of regret it.

I sigh and sit up from the bed looking around my room. Well actually our room. Me and my sister share a room and a bed, but not because we can't have our own rooms, but because Emily getting nightmares and always used to crawl in bed with me, so eventually she just moved in and dad used her old room as a work room.

I look over at the cheap alarm clock on the side of the bed, deciding to go ahead and start heading over the Elementary school to pick up Em.

The walk there was quiet and uneventful letting me clear my head and relax. Walking up to the school I waved to the office people and head over to the Kindergarten hallway, the people in the office already know me and we have a routine, I wave, walk in, get Emily, and walk out. Simple.

As I opened the door to her class room almost instantly a pair of short, thin arms wrapped around the legs. I laughed and picked Emily up, setting her on my hip. I walk over to the teacher and ask her if I could have all the files I needed to enroll Emily in the new school. She handed it all to me explaining what it all was and I thanked her, letting her say goodbye to Emily.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you, my school is having a transfer program to Paris, and since my dad is going to be gone for a year he signed me and Emily up, although the Emily part took a little convincing, and we are leaving tomorrow. We are staying with a family, that my dad used to know when they lived here in Chicago.

I'm so exited. Even my best friend, Cassie, is going and we're going to have a blast.

Walking through the apartment door I head straight for our room, all the way in the back of the worn down apartment. I set Em down on the queen sized mattress and start getting to work on packing up so we are ready to leave early in the morning. I get done packing all of our clothes and toiletries so I look around the room for any personal items. My eyes land on Dylan's jacket hanging up. I grab that and the picture of my mom and the family and stuff them into my already full bag.

I zip up both of our bags and put them in front of the door making sure I have an outfit for tomorrow so I don't have to go through the suit case again and possibly leave something behind.

Doing a once over of my room I sigh in content and turn off the light laying down beside an already sleeping Emily.