Pink

"So... What am I supposed to be staring at?" Robin asked and Red let out an exasperated sigh.

Well, it was a decent park. He'd seen better ones. It was kind of lonely for that time, and it was raining. The air felt weird, like charged with electricity.

"This is the park where I found you." Red explained.

"There's glitter on the floor." Robin noticed and his friend knelt down and grabbed some glitter mixed with red bloody tissue and dirt

"Oh, that's mine. When I got here, I had to refill myself." He explained 

"It sounds difficult" the duck muttered while he stuck the red bloody tissue somewhere under the red dreads. "But it can't be! The park where I appeared had a red telephone box."

"Exactly."

The duck stared at the empty park, trying to imagine a red telephone box from where Manny would come out and run towards them and Red would carry him over his shoulders and take Robin's wing and head home at last, a home where life continued its streak, a family of three, like any other family.

Robin tried to make the telephone box appear. Wasn't the mind a powerful thing? Maybe if he thought of a better place....

But no amount of thinking would bring Manny back and make Red love him.

"I have the theory that it only appears when someone realizes they're trapped." Red continued

"Like some sort of portal that connects our world with that weird place where time is stuck?"

"Yes."

"So it first appeared when you didn't return home and I knew something was missing! That something was you! And I heard your voice on the phone... but you only said my name. And suddenly... it all made sense. And... and..." The duck started shaking, holding his tummy, as if he was scared his organs would run away. The umbrella he was carrying fell to the floor, splashing mud everywhere, and he almost followed, but a red arm held him before falling.

Red held his wings, carrying the duck's weight. He didn't want to break his friend, but he really wanted to know what had happened

"...And?" the bird started hyperventilating

"And... And... I was in an operation room... And then not... And they did something to Manny, because he started acting weird, he's not like that... For heaven's sake, he wept when I killed a pesky bee, do you think he'd want to eat a pie made of... my... org..." He threw up and Red had to hold him to keep him from fainting.

"Breathe slowly. In and out" Red said holding Robin's shoulders and crouching over to look at the scared bird's eyes. He had to repeat this mantra at least ten times before the duck started to react again.

"I didn't throw out any organ, right?" was Robin's greatest concern. Red chuckled a little

"No"

"Manny was drugged. That's my only explanation. They drugged him so he could eat... me. But if I barely escaped, what if he... can't? And if I barely made it alive, and they took away my organs... What will they do to him?! Red, we have to save him! He could be in trouble! What if he's...?" Tears filled his eyes. He had been so rough with the poor yellow creature and now he was probably dead.

"Only if he realizes, the portal will reopen." Red explained.

"Do you think he'll ever realize?"

"No" Red admitted. Manny wasn't exactly the brightest brain in town.

"Maybe he misses us... Maybe he can't sleep at night, feeling something is missing, but without remembering what. And the singing objects will try to make him forget, and it will temporarily work, but at night, with no one to talk to, no one to tuck him into bed or give him a good night hug, he'll know something is wrong. That happened to me."