Yellow

It had been a long... day? Year? Life? How could it be that the sun had gone again and yet tomorrow it would still be June 19th?

He had tried to sleep, but couldn't. After rolling on a bed that somehow felt bigger and emptier than before, he stood up and went to the kitchen. Hopefully the singing objects would be asleep.

Manny's light was still on, and when he knocked the door, a faint "yeah?" answered. Manny was drawing yet another picture of a clown; he had placed Sketchbook with their face against the wall, so they wouldn't see him drawing creative things.

"I made some tea." Robin greeted.

"You went to the kitchen? Did someone try to..."

"No, no one sang to me. Maybe they're asleep. Are you hungry?"

"I don't know. I could be lonely" Manny answered and the bird sighed, sitting on Manny's bed.

"I know, right? Lately I've been losing sleep. I have a faint memory of someone snuggling with me at night, but I have always slept alone, right?"

"I... can't remember. If you want to, I could snuggle with you" the bird smiled sadly at him

"That would be nice. But something is missing. Like if our house were emptier than before... I do feel emptier than before. And now my bed feels empty too! Someone is missing...."

"Your sp-special one?" Manny stuttered loudly

"Shhh they'll hear you! I had a special one? I... can't remember anything"

Despite beings such manipulative bastards, the Love cult had taught Manny a few things about love.

"Everyone has a special one." The bird shook his head slowly, finished his tea and patted the bed, inviting the little boy to jump into it, like the good old days when they would have fun and jump on the bed, but someone heavier would jump with them, so whenever that person would jump, they would practically fly into the roof and it was fantastic and fun...

Or was it all a dream?

Robin had someone to snuggle with, but he still felt empty. No one in that room slept that night, they stared restlessly to the roof.

The next morning, still June 19th, food started talking.

...

It had been a strange afternoon in the E.R.

A weird red thing brought a dying duck and the doctors had been too shocked to deny their help.

Robin was finally conscious, and maybe it had been better the other way around

"Red, please don't do this! Don't let them take me! They're gonna harvest my organs and feed them to Manny after they drug him and I will die again! Red, don't let me die! Please don't leave me alone! These cans will eat me!" He yelled, trying to fight the nurses carrying him to the operation room. Red was running behind them. How he hated seeing the green duck so disturbed.

"Robin, they're doctors, they want to help you"

"Please!" the duck shrieked, while a nurse injected anesthesia to his IV

Red ran fast enough to hold and squeeze his hand

"How do I know you're not a hallucination they're putting on me?!" Robin asked. He was crying but he didn't notice.

"I'm not. You're gonna have to trust me." Red replied, almost passionately. Almost

"Red" the green duck cried, letters slurred out of his beak as the anesthesia started working. "Red, don't leave me"

"I won't. I'll be right beside you" Red assured, but when they entered the operation room, he had to let go Robin's hand. The duck whimpered.

"Red... I..." The man became a red blur, and the red blur became darkness. His hand was empty, and he realized before dozing off that it had been the same emptiness he had felt in that strange world where every day was June 19th .