31

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

.

.

.

Louis: ur really pretty in person

Anna: u too babe

Louis: I wish we were alone

Anna: ugh me too

Louis: maybe we can sneak off later?

"Why don't you talk?" Harry groaned, standing up from the couch and folding his arms over his chest. "You're literally sitting right next to each other!"

"What's up his ass?" Eric gave Harry a funny look, before draping an arm around Niall's shoulders and smiling at him, "Come on, new best friend."

"How did you two become best friends in, like, fifteen minutes?" Liam questioned from his place at the dining room table with a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles in front of him.

"We have a mutual love for golf," Eric replied. Niall was grinning from ear to ear, since all of his other friends hated anything that had to do with golf.

"Ah," Liam shook his head as he took another spoonful of his cereal.

Louis' phone buzzed from its place on the coffee table and he quickly grabbed it, a smile forming on his face.

Anna: yes please

Then, it buzzed again, and his smile quickly disappeared.

Anna: we need to talk.

"I'm done," Harry snatched their phones from their hands and pocketed them, smiling proudly. "You two need to communicate - "

"We were communicating," Louis muttered.

"Not through text," Harry sent him a glare, which made Louis shrink back in his seat. "Now, go."

"Go?" Anna raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, go, as in, go outside and talk or go to the movies and makeout or go upstairs and get it - "

"Okay, that's enough," Eric cleared his throat. "Let's not forget that this is my little sister."

"Ooh, right," Harry nodded, then pulled Anna and Louis up from the couch. He pushed them out the front door, a small smile on his face, "I'm doing this for your own good. You'll thank me later."

"Can I have my phone back?" Anna asked, stretching her hand out to Harry.

"No," he said, shutting the door, thus locking them out.

A long, awkward silence filled the air, which made both Anna and Louis extremely uncomfortable.

This definitely wasn't how Louis hoped this trip would turn out.

"Uh, hi," Anna tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, her eyes casted down to her feet.

"Hi," Louis bit his lip to keep from smiling at how adorable she was. "Again."

"Can I talk to you now?" Anna asked. She moved past Louis to take a seat on the porch swing, gesturing for him to take the spot next to her. "Wanna sit?"

"How bad is this gonna be?" Louis scratched the back of his neck nervously as he sat down beside Anna.

The feel of Louis' thigh brushed up against her own, made Anna's heart skip a beat, and she had to mentally compose herself so she could get through what she wanted to tell him.