This Ain't A Party, Get Off the Dance Floor

With every time Ghoul repeats a song, I begin to pick up more words. Thus far, Mastas of Ravenkroft has been the most frequent, and my favorite, for reasons obvious.

Kid and I shout the words along with everyone else. Party's disposition has changed, as he joins the mayhem

"I'm so fucking old! I'm so fucking alone!"

The song ends with a sputtering static, and DD calls out.

"Here we are again, children! Time for the slaughtermatic cats to go catch a famous mouse!"

And every Killjoy is informed that we are out once again, gaining towards New Disney.

New Disney is a curious place, from what I know about it, though uncomplex and drab at first glance. It has an interesting name. Disney, as I once learned at school, was once the tallest giant in the entertainment industry. Likely the most departmentally diverse, successful, and overall biggest company on the planet, of course, before BL ind. Reading in an old textbook, I also found out that BL ind. took over the company just before the Analog Wars to endorse the Pill. Using older, more appealing technology, every kid watched the cartoons and ads for BL ind. This was a staple in their marketing.

But my favorite thing about New Disney is that it symbolizes the destruction of an empire. Disney was destroyed in due time, the giant. It's doomed to happen to everything, no matter how large.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall, of course.

Now, we are off to explore the city, decimated and weak at the seam. For what, I'm not sure. Some kind of book, as I've overheard. But I am likely safe to predict that I won't be possessing more information any time soon. For now, I'm concerned with running the alleys with Kid and Party. We are positioned to distract any ground level Dracs and assorted enemies from the mission going on above us. Star and Ghoul are grabbing the "book", and the rest of us are defending.

We are a mere hour away from our destination, and I can feel the anticipation already. But this time it's different. During the Ravenkroft raid, there were nerves galore, zipping and crawling through me. It was similar to standing on the edge of a cliff.

But now I'm completely occupied by exhilaration.

This is what being a Fabulous Killjoy is truly about, that reckless exhilaration.

The music continues to play, and a grin appears on my face at the thought. Of course, I look like a madman, and Kid takes notice.

"You look psycho, twerp." he chuckles. "What's up with you?"

"Nothing much, just thinking." I reply, the smile remaining.

"You're weird."

"You're weirder." He shakes his head in mock disappointment at my feeble comeback.

"What're you thinking about, though?" Kid persists.

"I'm just really psyched, is all." I reassure.

"Precisely. Psycho." He shrugs, a smirk painting his face.

"Shut up!" My face is angry, but I can't contain my laughter.

It's at this point that Ghoul decides to chime in. "Oh! Who are we arguing now? Can I join? I'm on Kiddo's side!"

"Hey!" I defend.

"What? He never called me short!" He laughs, his arms crossed.

"And you never called the sky blue?"

Ghoul takes a moment to assess what I've said, while I laugh. When he finally understands, he huffs and sits back. "Fine. I'm on no one's side."

"That's what I thought." Kid and I say in unison.