Two Years Later

*Note: there has been a change from first person to third person. The rest of the story will be written in third person.*

Two Years Later...

Clarke's POV

Two winters had passed since the Commander first took Clarke in. In fact, today was the anniversary of the day the Commander had accepted her. The day she won her first fight.

She currently stood at the spot, staring out across the now-empty field. It was almost as if she could feel, see and hear the people standing around, screaming and shouting at her and the other girl who were to fight those few years ago.

"Fight! Fight!" The crowd shouted, pumping fists in the air and pointing like deranged lunatics. These people were strange, but then again, they grew up far different than the Sky People, as they referred to them. They had no prior knowledge of this world. They had to start over; form new beliefs, new means of survival.

As she stood in the middle of these savages, shouting and chanting for the possible death of one of the two girls, she tried her best to keep reminding herself of those key details about them.

"Clarke of the Sky People." Clarke looked up, seeing the Commander staring down at her from a platform. "My warrior has agreed to take you on. You will fight until one of you cannot continue. If you win, you will receive food and water. If you lose, you will try again tomorrow."

Clarke took in a deep breath, turning to the other girl, who looked ready to rip her head straight off. Looking nervously between her and the Commander, Clarke nodded and got into a fighting position. She put her hands up in front of her face, spreading her feet apart for balance and keeping a close eye on her opponent's movements. She wasn't particularly strong, but she knew how to fight. Mostly, anyway. She had picked a few things up from Bellamy, but most of her knowledge on fighting had come from books.

"Fight!" The Commander roared. The chants in the crowd grew in volume, and Clarke tried her best to ignore it and focus on winning this fight.

The other girl looked as though she was about to lunge, the ferocious face she was making giving her away. Clarke saw her coming before the girl even did, and used the move Bellamy had taught her to grab hold of her arm and flip her on her back.

She knew it was wrong, but she kicked her in the stomach while she was still down. The girl let out an angry roar before pulling herself away from Clarke and standing. Clarke backed up slightly and regained her balance, holding her arms up to block any incoming punches or kicks.

When the other girl didn't move to attack Clarke, she took the first opportunity she saw to get in a few punches. The girl wasn't guarding her left side very well, so Clarke lifted her foot and kicked as hard and fast as she could. The girl didn't see it coming, and momentarily lost her balance. Clarke took this second opportunity to get a punch in at her jaw, which hurt her fist, but Clarke just shook it off and let the other girl catch her breath.

A bruise was already starting to form where Clarke had punched her, and the girl let out an angry grunt before lunging. She took them both down to the ground, landing on top of Clarke. She wasn't too heavy, so Clarke used her strength to shove her off. But Clarke didn't get far before the girl grabbed her ankle and dragged her back down, her chin hitting the ground. Clarke made an "oof" sound before the girl pulled her through the dirt towards her, kicking Clarke's side. "Take that you little bitch." She said in English, so Clarke could understand.

Clarke let out a breath before crawling away quickly. She stood, regaining her balance and looking over at her. "You're right."

The girl looked confused, her face contorting so her brows were pulled together. Clarke took the opportunity to lung at her, bringing her to the ground. Clarke straddled her, pinning her shoulders to the ground and holding her hands down with her knees. "I am a bitch."