Chapter 3

A/N: sorry bout the last chapter, it was short and I accidentally published it before I was done. This is like chapter 2, part 2. Again, it's a bit short. I'll try to write more in the next chapter. Also thanks to the people who commented, it's really appreciated. Now to part 2....

George's POV

I saw the girl begin to move, rather frantically throwing herself around, trying to free herself of the blanket. She was calling out, for her friend I presume.

Very quickly, I was on my feet and moving towards her. I pushed her shoulder backs, forcing her to lie back down on the couch.

"Let me go...I need to get Steph..."

The girl eventually stopped fighting, collapsing on the couch. Her screams turned to muffled, wheezy cries.

Paul came over and tapped my shoulder, catching me by surprise.

"Just a thought, but why don't you try talking to her. Might help her settle down. I don't plan on being up all night, listening to the bird scream."

I rolled my eyes, but eventually agreed with him. In the long run, it would probably help the girl more.

"Hey, um, whatever your name is. Bird." I stumbled, trying to find the right way to start off. I could hear Paul and Ringo silently snickering in the background.

"Listen, can you sit up for a second, perhaps tell us what your name is?"

The bird nodded, sniffling a little bit. She sat up slowly, her eyes locked on the floor. I could see tears threatening to fall from her icy eyes.

"It's Kelley," she whispered. "And I'm not a bird."

I sighed in relief. We knew her name, making it easier to help her. At the same time though, she seemed to be quite defensive.

The bird, I mean Kelley, lifted her icy gaze from the floor, to meet my soft brown eyes. At first, she didn't really seem to notice anything, but then her eyes widen. The look of longing was gone from her face, instead being replaced with hatred.

"It's you!" She shouted, trying to stand up.

I immediately got up and backed away, moving into a defensive position. I noticed Paul and Ringo do the same thing.

"You're the reason why she's dead! You and your stupid friends. She just HAD to come find you, even though there was no chance of getting in. If you hadn't been standing at the widow, she wouldn't have crossed the road!"

Kelley was standing upright now, and trying to move forward. She had the look of a murderer in her eyes. Frightened, I looked to the nearest weapon, a small lamp, and began to think of a plan to defend myself.

However, the lamp was not needed.

With the second shuffled step Kelley took, she got caught up in the blankets, and slowly tumbled to the ground. I stood there motionless for a minute, waiting for her to get up and come at us again, but she didn't.

Puzzles, I tiptoed towards the fallen girl, and stood beside her. She seemed to be breathing.

I shot a glance back at Paul and Ringo, who were each holding a tennis racket. I gave them a strange look, curious to where they had found the rackets, and to why I would be left to defend myself with a lamp.

Mustering up all the courage I could, I leaned down and picked Kelley up and placed her back on the couch.

Looking at her face, all the fear in my mind left. She was no longer angry, instead quietly whimpering. Tears were brewing in her eyes, threatening to fall onto her pale face.