Inhuman Genes

How much haven't we all wished that the supernatural universe was real? That we could fly like Superman, be as fast as the Flash or even have magic? I'm pretty sure, that every boy and girl had that dream once in their life. But what if I tell you, that it is all real? Okay, maybe not, Superman or Flash, but supernatural powers do exist. All humans have an inhuman gene, but it's not active in all of us. Some has it activated from birth, other blossom through the years and some will never activate. And I want to tell you our story.

________________________________________________________________________

"Ella, are you coming?" I look up at Cassi, and she has a concerned expression. "Are you alright, Ella? You don't look to god" she ask me with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, I'm alright. I didn't sleep so well last night" I tell her, while I get up from my seat. It is the truth though, since nightmares have been bugging my sleep the whole week. So I am really happy that it is Friday today, because that means weekend in a few hours and lots of sleep ahead of me. "Nightmare again?" Cassi ask, and I just nod, while we head out of the classroom and down the halls to the cafeteria.

"You should really see a doctor about it, Ella. It's not healthy to loose so much sleep over a week. I can recommend a good doctor, if you want"
"Nah, it's alright. I can get my sleep this weekend" I smile to her.
"Promise me, you will see a doctor next week if it gets worse!" she commands with a stern look.
"Yes, mom, I will do that" I answer her and giggle, but Cassi stops in her tracks.
"I mean it, Ella!" Cassi says quite harsh, which surprise me, because Cassi isn't the one who raise her voice. "Okay, Cassi, I promise. Can you let go of this now?" Cassi's face relaxes and she smiles to me. "Yeah, sorry, I'm just concerned about you" she says and gives me a small hug.

Out of the blue Cassi's twin brother Cale shows up. I don't know how he does it every time, but puff, and then he is right there. It's kind of annoying sometimes, but that is was I get when I befriends inseparable twins.
"Yo, Ella. How is it going?" Cale throws a popular, and probably, cool handshake in front of me. I lean my weight on to one leg and cross my arms. "Is that supposed to impress me, Cale? Because it ain't working, honey" I laugh rather sarcastic. "Awww, come on. It's the new dope around here. You got to follow the flow, Ella!"