Jake & Ellie

I ran directly into his arms and let myself surrender with his aroma. I didn't think that missing another person could hurt so much. I felt him careful pull me away from him, and I looked up at him. His eyes were filled with worries. "What is wrong?" I asked. He took a deep breath and locked eyes with me. "I can't do this anymore. It's too much, Elvira" he said and took my hands in his. I just stood there with a blank face, until his words sank in. I yanked my hands away. "You can't do this. You promised to be there for me" I started with tears in my eyes. "You promised!" I yelled, while I pointed my finger at him. "I know, Ellie" he started, but I cut him off. "Only my friends call me that" I snarled at him. His eyes dropped, knowing he was defeated. He had hurt me, and now I did the same. "Elvira, please don't make it worse. You did know that it couldn't be any more different. I told you from the start, that it wouldn't work. That is was a short term decision" he told me, but I had heard it all before. "Get out" I just said. "Elvira, listen to me" he said and took a step closer to me. "Get out!" I said again. He raised his hand, as if he wanted to touch me. I took a step back, while I shot angry eyes at him. "El..." "Get out! Get out! Get out!" I screamed at him. I pointed at the door, not caring to look at him. I heard him turn around and walk to the door. I could hear on his footsteps that he waited for a reaction, but in the next few seconds he was out and the door closed behind him. As soon as the door was shut I broke down. I dropped down on the floor and hid my face in my hands, while the tears ran down my cheeks. I managed to duck down in my pocket after my phone, and sent one text with the word "Help", before I crumbled together in a ball on the floor.

A half hour later I heard keys rustling and the door were flung open by the one, I had sent my text to. Jake took one look at me, slammed the door and ran to me, almost sliding on his knees to scoop me up from the floor and into his arms. "It's alright, Ellie, I'm here now" he said, before I once again broke down with tears. He didn't say more, just stroked my hair, while he rocked me back and forth. After a while he said "It's Trey, right?" All I could do was to nod and sob at the same time. "I'm sorry, Ellie" he said, while he kissed me on the forehead and held me closer. I didn't know how long we had sat on the floor, before I felt myself drift off to sleep. I could feel Jake shift around, before he lifted me up from the floor and into my bedroom. He turned the light off and laid down beside me, and I just crumbled against his chest, not letting go of his shirt. "I'm not going anywhere, Ellie. Don't worry, I'm here when you wake up" he just said and held me tight like he did before.

I woke up hours later and didn't have a clue about what time it was or exactly where I was. Then I noticed that Jake's arm was around me and our legs were tangled together. Jake must have felt my stirring around, because suddenly he tightened the grip around me and mumbled "Stay". I smiled at him and put my head on the pillow again. "Okay, sleepyhead" was my answer to him. We laid so close, that I could feel his smile against my neck. "Shut up and sleep. It's 2 in the morning" and I gladly took his request.

I was awakening by noises from my kitchen. I turned around and noticed that the bed was empty, so obviously it was Jake who was up and about. I rolled out of bed and slumped into the kitchen to find Jake making breakfast. I sat down at the table, and not a moment later Jake had giving me a cup of lemon tea. "Thank you" I said and gave him a weak smile. "There will be toast, eggs and bacon in just a moment" he told me. "I'm not hungry" I just said. "That is not up for discussion" he stated and sat a plate in front of me. I just looked at him, while he took the seat in front of me. "Eat. Now" he said, and watched me until I picked the toast up and took a bite. "Good" he smiled and began eating his own food. "Ass" I mumbled. "Still not deaf, Ellie, and you know that I'm doing this for your own fault" he said dead serious without looking at me. I knew he was right about that I had to eat. As a former anorexic, it was dangerous not to eat. But in my state of mind it was hard to think of anything else. "Ellie" Jake said and I looked up at him. "Don't do this me" was all he said, and I didn't need any more words to start eating the rest of my food. "Thank you" he smiled.