Kayden

A month has past. I haven't left the house. My results came back. No STDs.
I wanted to see Kayden. My best friend who I loved not only in a friend way. His girlfriend hated me. I 'accidentally' dumped coffee on her head. She was a jerk and that was the first time I saw Kayden smile in months.
Text message
Kayden: Hey Ri need 2 talk 2 u
RiRi<3: wat
Kayden:I broke up Hanna I <3 som1 else
RiRi<3: need to talk 2
Kayden: kk meet @ my place now. Bring bathing suit :-)
"Donna, Dad, I'm going out. Can I spent the night at a friend's house?"
"I don't care"
I eventually made it to his house. I just opened the door. I knew his parents weren't home, they never were. All they did was work. His mother was in Portorico and his father was in Russia.
"Hey Kayden!"
A curly, brown haired teen ran up behind me and hugged me from behind.
"Hey Riley"
When Kayden let go he began his story. "I was out with Hanna last week and you know how I said it was like a chore to kiss her?"
"Yeah.."
"Well when I went to dinner with her all I could think about was you. Riley I think I love you"
My jaw dropped and I looked at him. I put my hands on his head and kissed him.
"I love you too."
I had never had feelings for Frank that I had for Kayden and I finally understood why. I never loved him. After the kiss I flat out told him what I was going to say.
"Frank........beat me and........raped me"
His fists clenched."Why didn't you tell me?Are you okay? Are you pregnant?"
"I should have told you, I'm okay but sometimes I get nightmares, and I don't know."
"Lets drop it and stop worrying."
That was his way of thinking about it. He'd tell me to stop worrying and we'd go do something. He did the same thing when his dog died but now he looked more serious.

It was just us in his hot tub. No one spoke.
"Kayden what's your middle name?"
"Ross. What about you?"
"Aberdeen"
"How'd you get that middle name?"
"My mother was born there. When she moved to America to live with my dad she wanted to always remember Scotland."
"Really? So it's Riley Aberdeen Mosley"
"And your Kayden Ross Ramirez"
"So Aberdeen, are we dating now?"
"I guess Ross"
*****************************
Kayden's POV
"I guess Ross"
Those words made me happy. I swear that Frank will be put away forever. How could he do anything to Riley of all people? Her biggest fear was being alone so no matter what I'd be there for her.
"Kayden I'm tired."
"Okay"
I led her to my bedroom and told her to sleep on my bed. I gave her my shirt and a pair of shorts to sleep in. She looked so cute.
"You good?"
"Yes"
She dosed off with Car Radio by twenty one pilots playing. Her big, brown eyes shut and her blonde hair was tied up. After a while I heard a scream.
"RI!ARE YOU OKAY"
"Just a nightmare. I get them a lot now.
"That is not okay. Come here."
I sat down on the bed and she fell asleep in my arms. There were no more screams.
*********************
I woke up in Kayden's arms. His torso was bare and I was wearing his clothes.
He looked so peaceful. When I moved to get up I woke him up.
"Mornin"
"Kayden I'm going to the store. I'll be back."
"Mmm k" he mumbled and fell back asleep.
I drove to the local drug store and grabbed a pregnancy test. Checked out and went back to Kayden's house.
I followed the instructions and waited
I can't be pregnant, right? I'm only 16! It's been a week I'd know if I was?
The little blue plus sign would mock me forever. I screamed.
Kayden ran in and saw what I screamed at. He screamed too.lo
"WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?"
"I DON'T KNOW. THE BABY'S FATHER IS IN JAIL!"
"What if I became the father?"
"What?"
"I'm with you, and Frank and I look kinda similar I guess. Your my girlfriend. I could be the dad. Like not the real one. The REAL one who helps you raise the kid."
"Kayden, don't. Your only 17. Don't do anything drastic."
"To late I've made up my mind"

Sorry for making this way long