Chapter 43

"So... Ladies... This is obviously an issue we need to resolve" Max said. Although it sounded as if he was making fun of us. "Now, firstly. Four is going to show me the video and from there I will handle things myself. I will then refine punishments for the both of you to fill out once a day, for a week". 

Four then pressed a few buttons on Max's laptop and Max began to watch. Almost instantly he looked intrigued. For he could now see what the fight was about. And he could hear what each of us said and how we said it. 

He looked up at me in surprise and concern when the bit where I called Four 'frigid' was playing. 

It was only now, listening to it for the second time I realised if we were basing 'whoever gets in the most trouble' on who said the most mean things... I would be at fault. I cringed on the inside. I definitely wasn't enjoying this. And I don't think Eric was either. I could feel him tensing up behind me. He could probably also tell that I was going to be the blame for this. And I guess I was also the one making the many vile and rude faces. Tris' reactions were kind of triggered by mine, so... 

The video had finished. Max sat back in his chair, sighing loudly, while rubbing his temples. He rolled his neck then he began speaking. 

"From what I see, you were the one who sparked this incident and kept it burning" he accused while pointing at me. 

I was about to say something and stand up for myself but Eric pinched my side. I was glad he did that. He stopped me from getting in even more trouble. 

"Although the both of you said some hurtful things, I believe you, Eliza, were the one mostly in the wrong" Max pronounced. 

I was about to bring up Four and Tris' secret and illegal relationship, to help my case, but then I realised I had no right to. Eric and I had done the exact same thing as Four and Tris. 

"Excuse me if I sound rude but aren't you going to admit she was also 'in the wrong'?" I questioned as kindly as possible. 

"Yes I am. Tris..." Max started up again, facing Tris and Four. "You had no right to accuse Eliza of having 'problems' just because of her interest in Eric. And you most definitely should not have started the fight. By pushing Eliza, you triggered something in her that made her want to fight back. Like any Dauntless". 

Tris looked down at her feet. Good! I thought to myself. She actually understands where she went wrong. 

"Now Eliza. You had no right to call Four here 'frigid'. We may seem tough and cruel as a faction but that does not mean you are allowed to go blabbing on about people impudently. You also had no right to label Tris as 'frigid'. And you definitely shouldn't of tackled Tris to the ground. That is just immature" Max informed. "Now girls. If I see or hear of any of this 'foul play' again you will be very sorry! Do I make myself clear?!" 

"Yes sir" I sassily muttered under my breath. Tris just nodded her head. 

Instantly I regretted what I did. I looked up to see Max slowly becoming enraged by my behaviour.

"Eliza Turner. What have I told you before? I thought I told you to get rid of this foolish and rebellious behaviour a long time ago" Max arced up. 

I was about to say something but he continued talking. 

"Now I do admire your feisty attitude and I know a lot of others do. But you must control it for your sake. Eric has informed me that you want to be involved in leadership but leaders also have to be respectful and leaders most definitely have to obey orders". 

Max paused for a moment. Knowing he went a bit off track. 

"Ok for now I won't assign your punishments. But I will let you know once I have decided" he concluded. Signalling for us to leave.