Chapter 7

We found the shops near the Hall where we would be eating soon. They all sat around an open area. And there wasn't just clothing shops, but there were also tattoo parlours and places where you could get piercings. I didn't have any tattoos, but I reckon it would be so cool to have one. I have piercings, but they're only ear piercings. We didn't go into any of the tattoo or piercing shops though. We just focussed on new clothes.

Surprisingly the clothing in these shops were pretty trendy and stylish. As initiates we got clothes for free, although I heard they eventually bill you for what you buy, so I didn't go crazy. I just grabbed some skins, 3 pairs of black socks, a black pair of ripped denim shorts, a tight long-sleeved shirt, a tight singlet, a black hoodie and a tight cocktail dress... Ok fine. I did go a little crazy, but come on, it was probably best I stocked up now. Who knows, these places might sell out!

The others ended buying almost the same things as me, so I didn't worry about whether I had taken too much.

As I walked around the shop I spied a tall and extremely handsome guy. I mean, he almost looked like my dream guy! Tall, bad boy looking and muscular. I had to get a better look.

I turned around to see if he was still where I saw him first. He was gone. Damn it!

I kept walking around the shop looking for him. It probably looked really obvious but I didn't care. I badly wanted to see him at least one more time. As I was standing on my tippy toes looking over the racks of clothes I heard someone speak up. "Looking for someone?"

I turned around slowly. It was him, 'possible dream guy'. I looked him up and down. He had dark, dark brown hair that was up in a quiff. He was tall, about 6 foot 4. He didn't seem to have any piercings, but he had a full sleeve tattoo on his right arm and some other tattoo poking out of the top of his shirt. Damn he is hot. Smoking hot. As I sussed him out, he just stood there, leaning against the wall, smirking at me.

He chuckled. I realised I hadn't talked for a while. Wow this is embarrassing. What the hell do I say?!

"Oh um no, no. Umm... I was just looking at the clothes" I said as I turned around and pointed to the rack.

It was only then, I realised that the rack was labelled "Men's Boxers and Underwear". Well that's just great.

"Uh huh..." he looked at me weirdly. "Your an initiate right?" he questioned.

"Yep" I answered.

"Well seeing as you get things for free, I'd go for the Calvin Klein." he said, as he winked at me.

Why couldn't you have just said 'Oh sorry, I'm just looking for my friends'?! Well done, Eliza. You're so stupid.

"Right..." I said, trying to make it sound like he was too lame for me.

"Mint dress.." he said pointing at the cocktail dress in my hands.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Can't wait to see it on" he said raunchily.

"Oh. And what makes you think you'll be seeing it on?" I sassily questioned.

He laughed. He was still standing in the corner, casually leaning against the wall. He folded his arms, making his biceps look even bigger.

"What's your name?" he asked me. He seemed impressed. I had no idea why.

"Eliza. What's yours?" I replied. But before he could tell me his name someone else did. Someone I definitely did not want to see.

"Logan!"

It was Eric.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Eric questioned as he stormed towards the two of us, eyes on Logan.

"Max wanted to see you twenty minutes ago!"

"Fine. I'm off." Logan said as he sauntered away. "See ya Eliza!"

Eric stood there watching Logan leave.

"Who's Max?" I broke the silence, looking up at Eric.

"You're kidding?" he looked at me as if I was the stupidest girl on the planet. And, with that he walked off, leaving me without an answer.

How rude. I thought.

I knew this Max guy was probably some mighty leader here at Dauntless, but it never hurts to ask.

Oh well. I tried.

I walked over to where all the other girls were. They seemed to have noticed where I went missing and who I was talking to.

"What was that about?" Tess questioned.

"Don't even ask, I have no clue. First I'm just talking to some guy, Logan. Then that stupid head Eric came over, seeming really pissed. He told Logan something about being late to see 'Max' and then Logan walked off" I answered.

"Who is Max?" Amy asked me.

"I don't know. I asked Eric but he walked off without answering." I shrugged.

"Max is the main leader of Dauntless." Tris spoke up.

"What does that make Eric then?" I questioned her.

"I think Eric is just one of the other leaders here. But Max is the ultimate leader over all of the others." Tris answered.

"Good job." a woman behind us commented. She must've been a worker from the store. She was standing behind the counter.

"Huh?" Tris said, confused.

"You're right. Max is the leader over all. Eric wants that position though, everyone can tell. You can't blame him for wanting it though. With that position you are basically the most powerful person, not just in Dauntless but in our entire society." she said, as she scanned clothes and cleaned up a little.

"I can't really believe you girls didn't know who Max was." she scoffed, as she pointed to Amy and I.

"Well, now we know." I said, smiling a fake smile. "Come on girls, let's go."