Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

"And what are the others?"

"I'm a con artist, a murderer, a thief, and a liar. Would you like to hear more?"

Faith shakes her head no, frightfully.

Dominic slips his hand in hers, placing a kiss on top her knuckles. "I didn't think so."

I turn back around, facing the rest of the house as Dom let's Faith's hand go and joins me at my side. Rico does the same, quietly, leaving Faith to watch us from behind.

I placed two fingers in my mouth, preparing to let loose a whistle. But Federico stops me before I can.

"Eyes up, Faith."

My eyebrows twitch downwards in a confused manner as Faith scoffs. She slaps Rico on the back of the neck, indicating she didn't like his comment. All three of us let out a laugh as she walks by. Our eyes follow her backside the entire time.

"Eyes up, gentlemen."

Guilty as charged.

"Anyways," I clap my hands together, "Ladies," My voice echoes throughout the quiet first floor as everyone turns around. The activities happening outside of the window are now pushed back into everyone's mind. Men turn on their heels and come closer as my voice booms out around the seemingly never-ending group of men. A few looked frightened, others looked anxious, but they all seemed excited for the possible action that was about to unfold. "Everyone go to your room, hide your weapons, hide your drugs, just like we've rehearsed a million times." I clap twice, "Oh and if there so happens to be a dead body in your room, hide that to."

"Yeah, that might be suspicious," Dominic quips from beside me.

A flutter of activity follows my words as men scramble in every which direction; some bound up the stairs, while others dart down hallways, heading towards their designated wing. I take a deep breath and dodge a few scurrying men as they barrel in my direction, intent on following my orders.

My attention locks on Luis and Alex, as they stand in the mass of confusion, somehow holding a conversation. I head in their direction, followed closely by Rico and Dom; Faith joins us a moment later, sideling up behind me and falling silent – aware that she can't help in any way as of right now.

Alex answers my question before I even ask it. He twists his tablet screen towards me, pointing a finger at the feed that it's portraying. The police car had finally come to a stop in our driveway. "There's only one car; that means two cops, I'm unsure whether there's more coming." I nod, watching his lips move as he talks. He lets out a frustrated sigh. "I have no idea why they're here Liam, unless-"

"No," I didn't have to hear the rest of his sentence to know what he was implying.

"Liam," Dominic speaks slowly from beside me, his arms crossed. He doesn't look directly at me, but his gaze had drifted from Alex's tablet, to one of the many windows across the room. "There is a possibility that someone...might've..." His voice drowns away, before he tears his eyes away from the window and looks at me. Nobody wanted to say it; nobody ever wanted to say it.

"No," I take a step back. In the process, I managed to step on Faith; but without a yelp or complain, she steps back. I felt her palms press against the palm of my back as she stabilizes me. I didn't mean to glare, but that's what happened; I locked eyes with all three of them – Dominic, Alex, and Luis. "There is no mole in my house; that isn't even to be discussed, do you understand me?" I glance out a window, watching as two uniformed police officers exit their cars slowly – very slowly.

My heart rate quickened as the two officers made their way up the pathway, just a few feet away from the front door.

I grab Alex and Luis by their arms, shoving them towards the steps. "Go with the others, hide; I do not want to see anyone else on this floor as long as those cops are here," I shove them a little more, before they disappear down a hallway, on their way to hide in the basement. "Where the hell is William?!"