Chapter 4(edited)

"Sweetie we miss you so much. You were our everything but we will see you again soon. " First I hear that voice and then I feel like I'm floating and then I look down and see myself laying in the hospital bed. Am I dead? I look then to see Zack sitting next to my bed and my foster mom sitting in the chair asleep.

I look back at Zack and he looks like he's crying and he picks up my hand. I am startled to hear his voice."I'm sorry for what Lexi said. I wish I could of stopped her in time. I wish....I wish you knew how much I care. I mean...when we kissed I never meant for it to happen that way. I don't know what to do, I feel so lost. I know I make fun of you but I guess what I'm trying to say is. I sort of like you. I mean you always had this carefree attitude. I guess I was jealous a little bit. You obviously know I would probably never say these things to your face. When I heard Lexi bullying you, I got so angry. I told her to stop so many times and she told me she did. I guess it was another lie by her." Sighs. He then leans down and kisses my hand. I feel myself float back down and then slowly start to feel solid and in pain.

Zack's POV
I put my head down on the bed. It's been 2 weeks and the doctors aren't sure if she is ever going to wake up. I kiss her hand and sit their silently,when all of a sudden her hand moves. "CORAL! CORAL Can you hear me?!?" Her eyes start and to flutter and then she slowly opens them. "Zack, where am I? what's going on?"

"Sshh.....it's going to be ok. You were in a car accident but everything is going to be ok. " She nods her head and slowly falls back into unconsciousness.

I see her turn her head to her mom and stop. "Mary.....Mary....." I see Coral finally wake up and turn to look at Mary,"Coral oh Coral my baby." 

All of sudden Corals eyes go blank and stare. She looks like she is here but not. She starts shaking then. She stops and then her eyes close. She then whispers, "We will be together soon Mother." I hear Mary take a sharp breath.

I turn to look at her, "what's wrong? What is it?"

"She doesn't have long. We must not speak of it." And with that she walked out of the room, leaving me.

What did she mean? She doesn't have long?!? Is Coral dying? God I hope not. I really can't lose her. God why am I thinking like this?

Maybe it's because she is in the hospital. Your just concerned. Why should I care what happens to her?

I can't get that kiss out of my head. Why? Why do I want to kiss her again? It's like I have no control over myself. No! No! I have to control myself. I have to keep this in. I can't give in to this. She doesn't like me like that. I'm just the guy who teases her.

I look down at her. I see every detail. Her beautiful hair that now has wild pink strips in it, her cute nose that crinkles every time she is frustrated, her lips that I just want to.....No No!!!! I can't think clearly.

"What did you do to me?" I whisper

"What are you doing to me?" I turn and look at her, collapsing next to the bed sobbing. "Why can't I get you out of my head?" I grab her hand as the sobs shake my body. "I feel her hand squeeze mine and I look up as I feel her fingers running through my hair. "Zack, why are you crying?" She whispers in concern. Even though she is the one in the hospital bed, she looks more concerned for me.

Our eyes meet and I feel that zap of electricity run through me like the one right before we first kissed." God help me.....". I lean down and press my lips to hers .She is hesitant with shock at first and then returns my kiss with equal passion. I can't stop. I can't seem to get enough of her.She is like a drug.

We kiss in that room for I don't know how long but are immediately sprung apart when, the doctor knocks at the door . I jump to my feet shocked and run out of the room. I hear her yelling my name and I feel pressure in my chest as my heart feels like it breaking. I don't want to leave her but I can't stay. I just continue to run. I can't stay here another minute. I need to clear my head.

Coral POV
"Zack!! "I cried as he ran out. The nurse tried to calm me down. Why did he kiss me and leave all the time. I know I should hate him but it hurts. I feel my heart burning as I try to take deep breathes as I calm my crying.

"I'm happy your awake Coral." She smiled at me. "Would you like some water?"

"Yes please". She smiled at me in return. "You have been out for a few weeks and may need it. I'll go get the doctor. She soon walked out the door leaving me to my thoughts.

I can't believe that he ran out like that. I silently sob and close my eyes trying to calm myself down and relax. Every time I try to think all I can do is think of him. All I can picture is the scared expression on his face as I close my eyes. I feel my stomach tighten to the point where I feel nauseous. Thank goodness I'm in a freaking hospital I guess. I just can't get it out of my mind. Before I can start freaking out again, exhaustion takes over and things start to

I am losing control when it comes to her. How can we go from hating each other to this. I feel so weak, like if I don't have her I have nothing. I was so scared and when she got hit. I can't imagine what I would do without her.

I can't like her though. I can't love her. I don't even know what love is. I have never even felt love. How can I know this is true? I just want to lose my self in her. I want to see those blue eyes everyday.

Now after that first kiss, every time I see her is not enough. I can't help the want that almost becomes a need. I need to get this under control though. I can't keep thinking this way. Distance is what I need to get past this.

She is probably freaked out and I should head back. As I walk through the doors, I soon hear voices from the room. "I don't want to see him again. Everything people say is a lie. They only tell you what you want to hear and then then run away and find somebody else. He will be right back with Lexi tomorrow. " I hear her start to cry and Mary comforting her. "It will be ok...darling." Mary looks up, obviously noticing they are not alone anymore. " I think it is best if you go Zachary. You two have been through alot and she needs her rest." I slowly nod, feeling my heart tear to shreds as I look at her.

Finally back at school and I'm freaking out. Zachary called me over 35 times and texted me a ton. I walk to my locker to see Zach waiting there for me with dark circles under his eyes. He looks like he hasn't gotten sleep in weeks.

"Coral? Please let me explain.." I cut him off."No. I don't want to talk now." I start to turn and away. He turns me around, " later then please?" I see he isn't going to give up. I sigh." Ok later."

He smiles a little. " ok."