Can't Let You Go

Normani and Dinah are secretly dating, and have been for a year. Normani begins to think that Dinah is cheating on her, and the silent treatment goes a little farther than they expected. How far will Normani go to get the love of her life back?

"Dinah! Stop! I'm going to punch you," Normani yells to Dinah while she tickles her on the couch somewhere outside of the recording room.They're far enough away to where no one can hear them. Dinah's always rowdy, especially with her girlfriend. "I'm serious!" Normani says in between laughs, "You've see my arms, I'm not weak. "

"Damn right I have, they're amazing," Dinah replies, still tickling her. "You started it! Don't mess with this girl, you should've learned that lesson long ago, babe." Normani laughs loudly at Dinah and because she's basically getting attacked with tickles. "Okay, okay, I'll stop. If..." she goes on. Normani looks at her warily.

"If what?" she demands. Dinah scoots closer to her on the couch, pulling Normani into her lap. "Dinah, what if someone sees?" Normani asks worriedly. Nobody but them know about their relationship, and they've been very smart about it. They might be close, but nobody suspects anything because everyone thinks they're just best friends. Which they are of course, but they also happen to be dating. Ever since X Factor, they've had a special bond, different than the other girls. They knew it was more than friendship, but never acted on it until about a year ago. They had to figure out if they should tell people or keep it to themselves. To not cause too many problems with management and stress between the girls incase someone thought they would break up and ruin the group, they didn't tell anyone, not even their family. It was incredibly hard because both girls are so family oriented, but it was something they both agreed on and a promise they never broke. Of course they trusted them, and every so often when they were with family they mentioned something about the other girl and kind of hinted at a relationship, but they never made it obvious. They both liked that, because it was their secret, and fun that way.

"Nobody is gonna see, the other girls are recording, and everyone else is busy. Just one little peck, I feel deprived," Dinah pouts with her big lips. Normani can't deny her, so she leans in for one tiny little kiss, knowing that won't be enough for the younger girl. "Mani, that wasn't even a kiss! You could kiss Lauren like that and she wouldn't even question anything!" Normani laughs out loud, nodding her head and smiling.

"Fine, but if we get caught..." she says, shaking her head. She leans back in, kissing her with more force and raising herself so she's higher than Dinah. Dinah grabs her waist, pulling her even closer.

"We won't get caught..," Dinah mumbles against her lips. After about two minutes, Dinah's phone goes off, signaling a text. They pull apart, knowing this could be important.

"Who is it? Do we have to go?" Normani asks calmly while laying down on the couch as Dinah looks at her phone.

"Um, no it's nothing about that. It's nobody," the taller girl responds. Normani raises one of her perfectly shaped eyebrows at this, running her fingers through her long black hair.

"Nobody?" she asks, curious. Dinah always tells her who texts her, because usually she doesn't care at all.

"Ya, just one of my friends, I don't think you've met 'em." That's new. Normani feels a tad worried, since Dinah is usually so open with her.

"Well, you have all day to text them, come here, we don't have a lot of time before the girls get back," she pats the brown leather couch, wanting Dinah to go over and cuddle. Dinah turns around to face Normani.

"One sec babe. I have to call someone but I'll be right out." She quickly walks away, going to the private bathroom. Normani tries not to think about it too much, about how un-Dinah like this is. She just goes on her phone, looking through twitter, and responds to some messages from her family and friends. After five minutes of Dinah being gone, Normani huffs, not wanting to be this type of girlfriend. She trusts Dinah, but sometimes gets very insecure in situations like this. After debating with herself, she walks over to the bathroom, putting her ear on the door to try and listen. I can't hear anything, she thinks to herself. Rolling her eyes, she goes to different spots to try and decipher what the other girl is saying. She finally catches some words that she wished she hadn't.