Couple

All I hear is the ringing sound in my ears. Still from an hour ago when Kendall shot Rick. Even after me and Aiden were getting checked out by the ambulance and questioned by the police.

"Hey." I look up at the soft voice and see Aiden smiling sadly at me with a loose white blanket around his shoulders that match mine. I return his smile. "Hey. They finally done checking you?" He nods and sits on the back of the ambulance beside me. Close enough that our shoulders touched.

"Are you okay?" He asks. I nod, glancing over at him. "Yes. I've been through stuff like this before. I'm just worried about you."

"I'm doing alright. My body hurts like a motherfucker but other than that, I'm okay." I nodded. "Good. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you were scarred for life."

He smiles at me and wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his side. "Are you glad he's finally gone?" I lean into him, nodding. "Yes. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my chest."

"Can you accept me now? Accept that I love you?" I look up into his eyes. They are shining bright emerald green, swirling with emotions. It made me feel like I was going to faint.
"Your telling the truth aren't you?... You really do love me?" He nods, bringing up one hand to cup my face, forcing shocks through my skin and to my heart. "Yes, Aaron. I'm stupid for not seeing it sooner but yes, I love you."

My stomach jumped. My dad is gone. The people I care about won't be hurt. I can feel however I want to now... Right?

"Wh-... What does it feel like?" He smiles at me, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "It feels like you have the world right in front of you. It feels like you need to have that person to live. It feels like your weightless. That you could do whatever you wanted. It feels like you would do whatever you had to do to keep that person in your life and happy. You get all these butterflies in your stomach and shocks all throughout your body. It's like nothing else before."

I stare at him. I understand every word that's coming from his mouth. I understand those feelings that he's expressing. Is that.... Is this... Love? Do I love Aiden?

I gasp. Not because I don't love Aiden. But the fact that I do, scares me. What if something happens to break us apart? Like Scarlet or Kylie?

You know what, fuck it.

"Aiden?"

He runs his thumb along my cheekbone. "Yes, shortcake?" Its been a while since I hear him call me that. It makes me smile. "I... I think that-"

"Aaron! Oh my god, are you okay?!" Andrews voice breaks through and cuts me off. But I still smile. Because it feels like ages since I've seen my brother.

"Drew." I stood up and hugged him as he ran towards me. He wraps his arms around me in a tight embrace. I dig my face in His chest. "Goodness child. I was so worried about you. Up until two hours ago, I didn't even know you had been staying at Aunt Michelle's."

"I'm sorry for running away. I didn't want Rick to find you guys."

He pulls back and smiles, rubbing his hands up and down my arms. "I'm glad he's finally dead." I nod. "Me too."

"Aaron! Thank god your alive!" Fiona and Drake come running towards me, both engulfing me in a huge hug.

I lightly laugh, thankful that they are safe, and will stay safe. No more worrying about my dad. They are finally safe... And I can finally be with Aiden.