Chapter Two

Stiles has to listen to his father for a few more minutes before he's allowed to leave the room, and he breathes out as he walks down the hallway. His father told him the name of his future husband, a man by the surname of Hale that was a friend of his father, and John told him that he would be here in a few weeks to visit him. Stiles isn't sure what he can do now, nothing a small voice in his head tells him, and he walks outside to where he can be alone for a moment. He's not going to cry or grieve, nothing change his father's mind now, and he sits down just outside of the house. Stiles wonders if this is what Erica feels like, if she sees her life flashing before her eyes, and he sighs out when he hears a horse neighing.

Stiles stands to walk towards the stable, checking out the sound of the horse, and he peeks into the building. He sees Derek brushing one of the horse's manes as he whispers to it gently, Stiles pauses at the doorway to watch him, and he sighs silently to himself as he watches him. He doesn't know why he's here, maybe he just wants to see his horse, and he walks into the stables to look at his horse. He makes a face towards the animal, chuckling softly when he the horse breathes out softly, and Stiles runs his hand down his nose. "When are you leaving to go back with Erica?" Stiles asks Derek, wanting to make conversation with him. Derek turns his head, Stiles' eyes fall to the movement of his muscles in his back, and he looks up at him as he waits for his answer.

"I'm not. I'm staying here for a while. Your father is a friend of my family and as offered to let me stay." Derek tells him, and Stiles sighs as he leans against the stall. It would appear that his father has many friends that Stiles has never met before he was an adult, and they had something to offer John. "What's on your mind, young Stilinski?" Derek asks him, and Stiles hums as he watches him. "Is the smell of horse too much on your sensitive nose?" Derek teases, and Stiles rolls his eyes.

"Perhaps it's the smell of manure that clings to your skin." Stiles snaps, and Derek frowns before he sniffs his arm. "You should clean up. Dinner is in half an hour and you'll be eating with the servants." Stiles says, and Derek laughs as he closes the gate to the stall after petting the horse. "Not even the servants can smell of filth at the table." Stiles adds on, following after him. "Are you staying in the servant halls?" Stiles asks, continuing to follow him since he won't see his father there. He might see his mother there, but he's not ready to see her again nor speak to her about this.

"I'm staying in the servant halls in my own room." Derek tells him, walking towards the house at the edge of the estate. Stiles goes after him, his boots digging into the dirt but he doesn't care, and he follows after him. He's not sure why he is, maybe he just wants to see Derek's room or to clear his head from earlier. "What going your brow so furrowed?" Derek asks him, and Stiles sighs as he walks into the building after Derek opens the door for him.

"My father has sold me off to a man that's twice my age for a price he dare not tell me." Stiles says, and Derek hums as he looks at him. Stiles walks into the room with him, knowing that it's not appropriate for him to be alone with Derek but he doesn't think much of it since he's man and so is Derek, and he looks around the room at Derek's few belongings. "It is no matter. I knew that this would happen to me ever since I was a child. I am no fool." Stiles tells him, and he turns to see Derek taking off his shirt to wash up in the basin of water. Stiles blushes, turning to look away from him, and he clears his throat as stares at the wall.

"I'm sorry. Everyone has arranged marriages. It's the custom of the time and of people of your birth." Derek tells him, and Stiles looks down at his abs. He's never had feelings about another man before, sometimes he flirts with the servants and the maids, but he's never felt the stirring in his loins like he does now. Derek turns towards him, smirking at him some like he can read his mind, and he stalks over towards him. Stiles swallows thickly, Derek shuts the door to his room, and he looks at him with that charming smirk that has Stiles losing his breath. "Have you ever lain with a man, Stiles?" Derek asks him, and Stiles shakes his head as he looks at him. He's never done that, or been with a woman, and breathes out Derek leans forward to kiss him.