Day Four of Starvation (pt 1)

"Connie babe, it's time for work." Connie's eyes opened to Jacob peering over her, a look of concern on his face. Connie sat up, and the world began to spin. Getting to her feet, Jacob wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. "Jacob, we'll be late. I have to get dressed." Connie pulled away and grabbed a dress out of the wardrobe. As she slipped into the dress, she realised just how much weight she had lost, as the dress no longer fitted her properly. "Woah babe, you're getting skinny." Jacob picked a different dress out of the wardrobe, and Connie put that one on instead. It fitted her better, but it was still a little loose.

Connie walked into her office and collapsed into her chair. The world hadn't stopped spinning since she had sat up 3 hours previously. How long was this starvation period going to last? She couldn't take much more. There was a knock at the door, and Charlie entered. "Connie, we're got an incoming RTC with more than 10 casualties. Cubicles are at bursting point, as the nurses are too afraid to discharge. We need our Clinical Lead out there to be in charge, you can't keep drowning yourself in paperwork, much" Charlie glanced around the office, piled high with folders "as it needs doing." 

Connie sighed, and stood up. "Let's go Charlie. Do we have an ETA for the RTC?" "15 minutes, they're travelling from quite far, but we're the emptiest hospital they've called. Dixie and Iain have just left, and HART are on their way as well" Charlie pulled back the curtain of Cubicle 2, where Amie Andrews was still sat. "My mum's gone to get a coffee and make a call. I'm waiting for discharge papers, and they were promised 25 minutes ago. I'm almost out of 3G!" Connie walked over to the central desk where, sure enough, there was a clipboard with discharge papers for Amie attached. She took them back to Amie, and when her mum was back, they signed the forms and left.

"One down, about 20 to go" Connie's heels clicked down the corridor, as she discharged patient after patient and within 10 minutes, had cleared 20 cubicles. The cleaners were preparing for the RTC, Zoe had briefed the team, and Connie had slipped away back to the office. This was going to be a long day, and she didn't know how much more she could take.

anorexiaconsumedmeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara