Chapter 37- Grey Eyes.

I look up at Carl and Rick and then run outside.

I look at the perimeter of the prison, the fence is bending... I run to its aid and when I get there it's almost halfway down.

"Help!" I scream nobody comes, nobody can hear me.

Okay Jess, you can run for it and warn everyone OR you can fight them off.

As I was about to run, I feel a sharp pain in my arm, I scream in agony. As I look up I see the people my dad was surviving with.

Oh no..

I run back to the prison Bullets flying everywhere. I run inside and try and find someone. The first person In my sight was Rick.

"People... Safepoint... Fence.... Walkers.... Collapsing.... Gun.. Angr-" I puffed out before I collapsed on the ground.

Carl's POV

"CARL! DARYL!" My dad calls. I hop off my bed and run downstairs.

"What is it, is Jess-" I stop as I see Jesse on the ground bleeding. Again.

"The people from safe point found us. We need to get outta here. Now. Carl get the kids, Daryl get the adults and get them armed. We're getting out of here." My dad instructs.

First place I go is to get Judy. Then gather the rest of the kids. We all ran to the RV. I place Judy in the playpen inside and run outside to get Jess.

"Please be alright." As I picked her up she woke up. "What's going on?" She questions. "We're leaving." Is all I said and we walked back to the RV.

"Where is Daryl?" She asks as we get inside the RV.

"Fighting them off. Don't worry he's gonna be alright." I insist.

She nods and looks down at her arm. "Carol stitched you up while you were passed out" I say.

"Uhm who is that running towards us?" She asks pointing out the front window.

I grab the pistol lying beside me and as the door swung open I pulled the trigger, hitting the target the man fell to the ground dead.

"He was from safepoint" I say to the kids.

"You just killed him" Lily says.

"In this world now you kill or you be killed, I saved your life." I retort. She nods.

"We need to leave." Jess says as I look out the front window I see walkers and people being devoured by them and people being murdered.

"We can't just leave my dad your brother" I say back.

"Did you not hear what you just said?! In this world now you kill or you be killed Carl. It's te sad truth. We gotta protect them. Start the car." She says tears in her eyes.

"We can't just leave them here." I argue.

"Carl they're coming. We need to leave!" She hollers. As I turn around I see walkers getting closer to the RV.

I run to the steering wheel and start Ye engine. And with that I speed out of the prison lot. Leaving my dad behind.

Jesses POV

I sit on the couch with Judy on my lap.

"I'm sorry" I whisper in her ear. She turns her head and looks up at me and smiles.

I smile back. Her grey eyes stare into mine, and my brown stare back.

I set her in her playpen and move my way through the kids and sit up front with Carl.

"I thought my first time driving would be with my dad in our old volts wagon, Yknow? Him teaching me." He laughs.

"Carl I'm so sorry" I say not taking my eyes off the road.

"You were right, it had to be done." He said.

"Do you think we'll find them?" I ask.

"Maybe." He says.

"Ya" I nod. We've been driving for over an hour now. We've driven thought 2 towns and 3 neighbourhoods. And we haven't stopped once.

"What do we tell the kids if we don't find their parents?" I ask looking back at the sleeping kids.

"That they're dead. Plain and simple." He says.

I nod. Sometimes the truth needs to be said.

Carl finally stops the RV. We stopped in front of a tall apartment building.

"We need to find supplies" he says standing.

This should be fun.