Chapter 18- A Day Full Of Surprises

Carl smiles as he hears my response.

"Jessica Kylie Dixon will you do me the great honour in being my girlfriend?" Carl asks smiling like an idiot.

"Carl Samuel Grimes if course ill be your girlfriend." I smile and he pulls me in a hug.

Who would've thought I would have my first kiss on the basketball court, with Carl!

"Jesse! Where are you?!" it's Daryl.

"Daryl! basketball court!" I holler.

"There you are. C'mere someone is here to see you." He says smiling. I quickly follow the running Daryl to the courtyard.

Where I see someone I thought died along time ago. Merle.

"Merle?!" I shout and run into his arms and wrap my legs around him he spins me around.

"I missed ya so much." I say to him as his sets me down, I look around and see everyone's reaction to me and Merle. They're crying..?

"I'm not alone." he says as he opens the car door.

Someone even more unexpected comes out. Celina!

Kaiser is the first to her, now 12 year old Celina is being spun by her big brother.

I smile at the moment, it's days like these I appreciate most.

"Celina!" it's my turn to give her a hug.

"I missed you Jess" she says as we pull apart.

"Where were you and Merle the past 4 years?" I asked.

"Well I found Celina in Woodbury with the governor. after the fallout with him I took Celina and the car and we drove to the quarry first stayed there for a bit. Then we went to a place called Terminus. Waste a time, cannibals. Then we came here. Thank The Lord we did." Merle explains.

"I missed you so much." I pulled Merle and Celina a huge hug.

"Lets go inside." I say excitedly.

"Celina you will be bunking with Your brother, Kaiser hope that's alright? Merle your with Daryl." Rick says as he enters the rec room.

"We have an announcement" Carl says as he stands beside me.

Carl grabs my waist with one hand and my neck with the other and dips me and kisses me softly as he does that I put my arms around his neck.

Everyone claps there hands, I presume since the room was booming with claps.

Carl lets me go and we both smile.

"Carl and Jesse Grimes!" Rick smirks.

"Not if I have anything to do about it." Daryl says angrily.

"You don't bud." I laugh as Carl out his arm around my shoulders.

After about 10 minutes everyone disperses throughout the prison leaving me and Carl.

"I'm gonna go and talk to Celina." I say kissing his cheek lightly.

I quickly make my way upstairs to her cell. I knock and enter.

"Hey there stranger." I smile.

"Hey" she says sweetly.

"What happened out there?" I ask he sitting next to her.

"My mom, and I left Kai we thought he was eaten... Then we found this camp, nice and quint until walkers came through. Killing my mom and everyone we cared for except for me and my friend Jain. Then as we were running away from the horde I made a sharp turn, there was a cliff. Jain kept running, right off the cliff. Then I bumped into Merle as I made my way to the city. Now I'm here." she says.

"I'm sorry to hear about Jain." I say in sympathy.

"No worries it was four years ago." she sweeps it off.

"How about you?" she asked.

"Well I was at home with my dad when Joe and Daryl came back from hunting, Daryl took me on a walk we saw some girl she had a huge gash in her arm. Then we saw some reanimated man. We took the girl back home and Daryl took me. Then we met this girl, Mia. She would've been your age if she were alive. She was bitten when our camp was over run. That's the jyske of if I guess." I started tearing up.

"Don't cry Jess." Celina comforts me as she pulls me in a well needed hug.