19.

The woman's scream run through the house and when it reached the bedroom Dylan jumed up.

„Mum!" Thomas had sleepy eyes and his hair was messed.

„Stay here," Dylan run to the door.

„No, I'm coming with you," Thomas followed him.

Dylan run to his room and grabbed the gun from under his pillow.

„Stay here," Dylan glanced at the boy. "I'll tell you when to come down."

He passed the boy and walked down the stairs. Mrs. Smith was screaming her lungs out and Dylan sneaked to the livingroom and hid behind the wall. His bare feet made his steps quieter and soon he glanced behind the wall. There were two guys in the livingroom, both with guns pointed at Mrs. Smith.

Dylan took a breath. He needed two perfect shoots. He remembered the buzzing sound of Zero's moving targets. Now he had a reason, a reason to live a reason to protecti and he was sure, that he would slice every mechanical fly with bullet, if it would be for Thomas.

Dylan glanced at the guys and raisd his gun. He focused on the first target and pulled the trigger. Mrs. Smith sreamed louder when the dead men fell on the expensive glass table crushing it into pieces. The second man turned around, but Dylan sent another bullet right into his head. The guy fell down and started to bleed on the carpet. The front door was kicked open and another man run inside shooting around the hall with a machinegun.

„Run and hide!" Dylan run to Mrs. Smith and slid along the floor to avoid bullets

He shot the killer's leg and the man fell on his knees, and than he was sliced by a bullet from behind him. Dylan glanced up and saw Zero.

She was wearing a long coat and her hair was taight up.

„Got rid of the driver," she said stepping over te dead man.

„Thomas!" shouted Mrs. Smith.

„he's ok," Dylan looked at the woman. „Thomas you can come down!" shouted Dylan.

Seconds later the boy appeared in the livingroom and stopped watching the blood coverd body's in shock.

„Thomas, honey," Mrs. Smit run to him and hugged his tightly. „I thought I lost you"

Thomas was ghostly pale. He hugged his mum but his eyes were focused on the bodys.

„Get him out of here," Zero looked at Dylan.

The man hid the gun in his jeans and walked to the mother and the son.

„It's not safe to stay here, we must move, go upstairs and pack the necessary stuff, both of you," Dylan looked Thomas in the eyes.

„But how. . . the guy went up, and he told the other he had killed you, how are you both alive?" Mrs. Smith lookd from Thomas to Dylan.

Dylan felt a pain in him. He looked over to the bodys. Did the man spered their lives because of their love?

Thomas must heva had the same thought because his cheeks blushed when he glanced at Dylan.

„Get ready," Dylan hurried them up.

An hour later all four of them were in Zero's van.

„You'll stay with Kaya and her parents Mrs. Smith," said Zero and the woman became paler. "I'm taking Thomas to a safe place."

„But Dylan will be with him?" Mrs. Smith glanced at the dark haired boy.

„Yes," Zero nodded.

"Good, I'm feeling better when they're together," Mrs. Smith looked Dylan in the eyes for a longer while and he felt insecure.

The van reached Kaya's house and Mrs. Smith kissed Thomas' cheek.

„Take care boys," she smiled to Dylan and squeezed her son's hand.

„Take care mum," Thomas had tears in the eyes but Mrs. Smith waved his goodbye and left the car.

Zero stayed immediately and Thomas only caught a glimps of Kaya's black hair behind the window. The two most important woman in his life were now together and he hoped no harm will happen to them.

„They're safe, the killers want you," Zero drove fast.

Thomas took his phone and headphones out and listened to music. Dylan concentrated on the view behind the window and soon he felt Thomas' head on his shoulder. He grabbed his hand and Zero glanced at them in the mirror. Dylan couldn't read her facial expresion but he never cared less. He was so tired of killing and running, and worring,that he wished this nightmare would end and Thomas could be safe agin. He never had a real family or partner, or anyone he loved with all his heart and who loved him back, but now he had this boy that became his everything.

And some bad people, some bad peopel like him tried to take Thomas away from him. Dylan felt anger and pain, he squeezed Thomas' hand and the boy looked at him.

„It's ok, I go you," he whispered and a little smile danced on his lips, and Dylan felt relief, he interwined their fingers and laid both their hands on his tight.

Thomas returned to the comfortable position with his head on Dylans' shoulder and hummed to the song quietly.