:: Attempt 04 | Lost Time Memory ::

Start from the beginning

Really. Will this day ever end?

"I know my way around, Gakushu." I remark, pointedly turning to my supposed 'boyfriend' as we weave through the crowd. He simply glances at me, tightening his grip upon my hand as he smiles.

The triumphantly smug grin of a predator.

"I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if I left you alone in the classroom now, would I?" He questions, amusement lurking within his purple eyes. I look away, intent upon searching for Tsubaki instead.

We pass by Class 3-C, its wooden door hanging ajar. I halt my footsteps, letting go of his hand as I peer inside. Gakushu, likewise, slows to a stop beside me; curiosity, along with impatience, emanating from his form.

She sits alone in the otherwise empty classroom, shuffling a few notebooks in her hands. A relieved sigh escapes my lips, and I raise a hand, rapping upon the door twice.

"Tsubaki, do you mind coming with me? It's already time for lunch."

Tsubaki looks up, dropping an ash-gray notebook. Understanding flickers through her passive visage, and a look of surprise adorns her pale features as a rosy flush tinged her cheeks at my words. "A-Aoi-sama!" I wrinkle my nose at the honorific, smiling slightly as she hurriedly makes her way through the desks. "Y-you didn't need to fetch me; I was about to g-go to your room..."

"It's fine, Tsubaki. Also, you can call me without an honorific. How many times should I repeat myself?" I reply, turning sharply as the demonic entity tightens his grip upon my hand - just enough that I can't pull free without drawing the unneeded notice of other gossip mongers. "Also, Gakushu, let go."

He shakes his head, smirking as he pulls me close. I shoot him a murderous glare, elbowing his side. He merely raises an eyebrow, undoubtedly entertained by my prickly behavior.

" Should we go now, A-Aoi..?" Tsubaki queries timidly, glancing pointedly at the demon beside me. Away from this bastard, maybe?

I sigh, unable to tug my hand free from his grasp.

Will this day ever end?

x + x

Much to my expectations, the day went by relatively slowly.

Days went by in the same manner, interspersed with several encounters here and there with Asano's countless fangirls. I was infuriated, to say the least. Had they no respect for themselves that they appear to throw themselves at this arrogant imbecile?

Currently, I'm in yet another situation of the like. And no, I am not amused.

"Asano-kun, can you help me with this?"

"Asano-kun!"

I tug my headphones closer to my ears, turning up the volume to its maximum to drown out their extremely annoying voices. Shut the hell up, damn it..

"Nani mo dekinai de tada, nōnō to
Jinsei o musabotta

"Natsu ga yume o miseru no nara, kimi o
Tsuresaru mae e" nante
Terekakushi shita hibi ga kūki o terashite
Nōri o kogashite iku--"

Another fangirl walks by, bumping into my desk along the way. My sketchpad slides off its wooden surface, falling to the floor; several of my sketches flying out of its pages.

A fallen angel reaching up to the heavens, feathers tearing free of his useless wings; a girl, hiding her face as a teardrop falls... And the last--

As though annoyed by the disturbance, the girl glances at my works, muttering a brief curse as she purposefully steps on my sketches. It wrinkles, dirt in the image of her footprint left upon the first one she saw.