2: Can't Move On

2: Can't Move On

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Two Days Later •

"Skyler?" My moms pokes her head through my hospital room door, a sad look on her face. "How are you feeling?"

I stare out towards the window, tears silently running down my cheeks. "Empty."

Mom sighs and walks over to me, placing her hand over mine. "I know how you're feeling. I felt it when I lost your father, but sweetie, you've got to move on."

I shake my head slowly, my bottom lip beginning to tremble. "I can't move on." My voice cracks. "Noah..."

My mom throws me a sympathetic look and tucks a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. "Noah would want you to move on. He wouldn't want to see you like this."

"He won't see me anyways!" I practically shout. "He's dead! Noah's dead and he left me! He left me, mom!" I start to sob, every bone in my body beginning to ache.

"Oh, sweetheart." My mother gently lays down beside me, pulling me close to her and stroking my hair. "Noah's watching right now. Believe it or not, he is. And he wants to see you living a happy life and to forget what happened-"

I cut her off. "I can't forget!" I cry. "That night will constantly haunt me. It was horrible, Ma. It was horrible..."

"Shh," Mom pulls me closer. "Go to sleep and get some rest."

I stay silent, taking my Mom's hand for comfort.

"And sweetheart?" Mom says. "Don't forget about Noah. Just don't let him get in the way of living a happy life."

• 3 Days Later •

I'm standing by my parent's car, my lips trembling and tears running down mt face.

Today is Noah's funeral. I'm not sure I'll be able to survive the day, especially when I've been crying uncontrollably for the past days.

"Sweetheart," My mom places her hand around my shoulder. "We've got to go into the church. It's going to rain soon."

I shake my head, leaning back against the car. "I can't. It's too much to handle. I-I-"

"Sweetie," Mom pulls me into a quick hug. "Do this for Noah. He would want you to be here."

I nod slowly, not bothering to wipe the tears from my eyes as my mother leads me inside.

The casket it sitting at the front of the church, a picture of Noah standing on top. I walk over to it, staring at Noah's handsome, smiling face.

I will never get to see that beautiful smile he used to give me ever again.

I will never get to see his goregous eyes staring at me.

I will never get to feel his arms around me.

I burst into tears at my own thoughts, throwing myself on the casket and crying the hardest I've ever cried before.

Nobody bothered to pull me away or even tell me that everything's going to be ok.

They all just watched as I hugged and cried into the box that carried my boyfriend's lifeless body.

•   •   •

I eventually couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't cry there by my boyfriend's body. It was too much.

I got up and silently made my way outside, allowing the rain the fall on me. I didn't care if I was getting wet or if the expensive black dress I was wearing got ruined. All I cared about was Noah...and how badly I missed him and wanted him back.

All of the sudden, images began to flash through my mind.

Me and Noah...

Our song...

The truck...

Windows shattering...

Noah's lifeless body lying in the driver's seat...

I brought my hands to my face, covering my eyes and beginning to cry for the billionth time in four days.

"You shouldn't be out here." An unfamiliar voice says. "It's raining and you're going to catch a cold."

"I don't care." I cry out, not bothering to look at the source of the voice. "Nothing matters anymore."

"I still don't think you should be out here." The voice tells me. "I don't think your family would want you to get sick."

I sniffle and drop my hands from my face, turning to look at the figure standing by the church doors.

He's a boy about my age. I've seen his before. Probably at school. He has floppy dirty blonde hair and hazel, brown eyes. He's about my height, shorter than Noah, not slightly taller than me. By the look on his face, I can tell he's honestly concerned.

I sigh and walk back into the church, taking a seat close to the door and letting my eyes wander anywhere but Noah's casket.

"I'm sorry." The boy's voice says again as he walks past me. "For your loss. I never knew Noah personally but he seemed like a cool guy."

I nod, pursing my lips. "Thanks."

The boy's footsteps begin to disappear and I look up towards the ceiling, a tear rolling down my cheek.

I wish I would go back in time and stop the accident from happening. To stop Noah from dying. If that were possible, everything in my life would be perfect again.

But that's not possible.

And my reason for living is gone.

I feel like a ghost now, walking the earth without a purpose. Without a soulmate. Without anything.

Noah was my all.

But he's not here anymore.

I'm alone.

____________________________

Author's Note: I know it's short but that's only because I had to end it there. I know it's not the most interesting chapter, but that's because I want to take things slow. Anywhp, comment vote fan!!(; xx