A different road

"What do you mean you'll fall for them both?'' Lucy asks while looking at you with a confused look on her face. "I know everything about both of these guys Lucy, If I open my heart to love I will just fall for them both.'' Lucy shakes her head. ''Oh come on, You have to have a preference right. A certain type of guys you like better. Maybe you like boys with black hair better. Or maybe you like goofballs who don't take anything seriously.'' You chuckle. She and Natsu must be pretty good friends. You feel a hint of jealousy flowing through you. But you give yourself a mental slap in the face an smile at Lucy. ''I don't know dear, I've never really thought about it like that.'' You continue walking forward when suddenly You feel yourself tripping over something. But before you could do anything to stop yourself from falling face first on the hard ground you feel two strong arms wrap around you. Stopping you from falling. When you look up to see who just caught you, you see Natsu looking at you worriedly. "You alright (y/n)?'' He asks. You remove yourself from his grip and stand up. "Yeah of course. Thanks fro catching me. I guess my reflexes are a bit of after not training for so long.'' You smile at Natsu, Natsu smiles back. "he, (y/n)?'' You hear Erza call your name from a bit up ahead. "Yeah?'' You say more as a question. "What exactly was that mission you were on?'' Erza asks as she starts walking back to you. ''Oh not much, The village I was in was taken over by a dark guild and the were pestering a small village down the road. OH SHIT, now that I think about it I realized that I forgot something.'' You start floating again and rush back to the village at an inhuman speed. Only seconds later you return with a large (F/c) backpack. "What's that?'' Gray asks. "Oh just the souls of the members of that dark guild." Lucy looks at you with eyes filled with shock. You start laughing at her strange facial expression. ''Don't worry Lucy, when I release their souls they will return to their body's. Their body's should still be in a fine state even after months. They should all start living again when I do that. Of course I don't really know if I want that to happen yet. So I'll leave that to the people who gave me this mission.'' You smile at Lucy. She still looks kind of scared. 'She has so much power.' Lucy thinks. ''He let me carry that for you.'' Natsu says as he walks up to you trying to grab your bag. ''I don't think you can handle that.'' You chuckle. Natsu looks confused. "What do you mean?'' He asks. "Soul pearls might not be that heavy, but when they actually contain a soul they get a bit heavier.'' You pump your bag up and down in the air. ''Because I can float I can make other things, and sometimes even other people, weightless as well. Of course these pearls aren't heavy at all individually or with only a few of them. But a whole bag filled with them, I am almost certain even you can't carry that.'' You chuckle when you see Natsu's determined face. "Give me that bag.'' He says as he stick out his hand. You laugh at him and hand it over.

As soon as you let go of the bag Natsu drops it. Both you and Lucy start laughing. Natsu tries to lift it back up. He fails. "Out of my way Flame brain."Gray says as he pushes Natsu aside an tries to lift up the bag. He fails as well. You and Lucy start laughing even harder. Both guys are looking at the bag with an disappointed look on their face. Erza starts walking towards the bag. Wraps her hands around it and lifts it into the air. With a lot of effort. Natsu, Gray and Lucy gasp. You smile at Erza who starts walking away with the bag. "That's Erza for ya.'' You say as you look at Erza. Every step she takes looks like more effort. "You can let go Erza.'' You say to her. They second you say it she drops to the ground. The bag zips open and lots of pearls roll out. Lucy gasps again. She saw the pearls on your bracelet but these are way prettier. The ones on your bracelet looks just like simple beads of glass. But these one are incredible. Inside of the pearls sways a white or black mist. ''It symbolizes if someone has a good or bad soul.'' You tell Lucy. "When it's black the soul is bad, but even the tiniest white spot in there can mean there is a chance of redemption. White means good, but there are barely any pearls that are completely white. Everyone has a bad side. If it's both black and white, like a mixture, it means that someone is both bad and good. Most people have that. Because everyone is selfish or mean in their own way. Souls don't lie Lucy.'' You look at her face as it changes from amazed to afraid. "These are all peoples souls.'' She says while still looking at the pearls. "Correct.'' You say as you summon multiple ghost like hand to roll the pearls back into the bag. "I have to finish my mission. You guys can go back to the train station. I can do this on my own.'' You say as you pick up the bag and start floating down a different road. "I'll come with you.'' Natsu says as he starts walking next to you. ''Are you sure? It might take a while. It's quite far away and We have to walk down the entire road. Maybe the others should go to an hotel, don't you want to stay with them. I mean they are your friends.'' You say. Natsu looks at you and then grabs your hand. 

"I'd rather stay with you.''