_Matthew_

It all started with the field trip. Me and my best friend Anthony but everybody calls him Ant.Were in the back doing our work and cracking jokes, When our teacher Mrs. Waggoner said "class were going on a field trip".Everybody was excited and a couple people eyed each other in a way I'd rather not say. What she said next shocked me "Class were  going to a farm!" The thing that got me was she said it with so much enthusiasm that it hurt to tell her that we weren't in 3rd grade anymore, When it might have been fun.

My name is Matthew but my everybody calls me Matt. I'm in the 10th grade going on 11th.When we got on the bus everybody was on there phones and music blaring. It took an hour to get there. When we got there no one was having fun except, for the girls on Instagram taking pictures with the animals they know they couldn't name or spell. A couple people slipped behind the barn and did some things, but that's none of my business.

At the edge of the farm there were fences, behind them were the woods. There were legends about those woods.One of the legends was that around the 1970's there was a girl and a boy who had took on the dare that would soon prove to claim their lives. But you never know its just a legend some say.Some people were there and saw everything that happened that day. It was just the way that the woods lured you in. So back to what I was saying,near the end of the field trip a couple boys came up to us and said

"I dare you and Ant to go into the woods. I'll give you 20 bucks if you do it".

Of course we needed the money to buy this COD WW2 & I wasn't one to back down from a challenge. Nah, I wasn't raised that way. But I wanted to see how much they were willing to pay before they stopped. So me being the spokesperson for us rubbing my hands together said:

"45 and its a deal"

"Hmm. $35.50 nothing more and nothing less"

"Alright. Shake on it." I cant say I'm complaining because I got more than I started off with.

Between the farm and the woods was a fence. In the fence was a hole that could fit both of us. To get in and back out with no hesitation. So me and Ant  slipped in and stood peering back at them for a few seconds and came back out.

 When we climbed back out they had the nerve to tell us

"No that doesn't count walk in the woods." They was giving us money so I wasn't about to trip over walking in woods.

So we slipped back in and started walking we looked back "This much?"

"No further."

"This much?"

"NO further, further, further ."

We went back so far that we couldn't see them anymore. We heard laughter and heard them talking.

''They really thought we was going to pay them $35 just to walk in the woods?"

"Oh and don't forget the extra 50 cents"

"hahahhaha. They tweaking come on lets get back to the class before we get in trouble"

I heard the leaves crumbling after their footsteps.

By then I was fired up, my fist balled up ,me being ready to fight "So they wasn't going to pay us huh, Ant"

"Nah I don't think so. They got us good, had us hyped over them $35 . Cant even be mad at em. C'mon lets head back before we get left and have to call our parents."

It was mid November so the weather was changing. It was starting to get dark quicker and earlier. We didn't realize how dark it had gotten while we were arguing. I looked around and didn't see anything but the outline of trees. Ant was right next to me and I could barely make out his facial expressions when it dawned on him that  time was running out.

I came back to my senses when I heard our teacher call everybody back to the bus.

Ant called to me to start running. So we both started running, yelling, and screaming hoping to catch someone's attention. We ran for about 5 minutes straight. Until we heard the bus screech off in the distance. 

Suddenly Ant shouted "Just stop we are never going to get out of here ever, just like the legend the woods lured us in."

The DareOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara