Chapter 2: Love Or Threat

The day went by quickly Zoey took in the fresh air as she walked down the street to Cafe Mew Mew. "Well what a boring day" she said to herself "yeah I got to watch Mark in his Judo class at the very front but right after that our classes got in the way." Zoey sighed as she got closer to the Cafe. Suddenly Mini Mew popped out of her pocket "Zoey alien alert! Alien alert!" he said flying around her "Mini Mew" Zoey turned to her little friend "I don't see anything anywhere." Suddenly Dren came out of nowhere "well well hello Kitty Cat" he teased, Zoey took a step back surprised to see him there. "Go away Dren!" She yelled "don't you Cineclons ever give up?!" Dren smirked "well that was a nice welcome." Zoey pulled out her pendant getting ready to transform "so what kind of predisight did you bring this time Dren?" She snapped as she looked up in hatetred "oh nothing this time Kitty Cat you and I have a little score to settle" Dren floated down to the ground and began walking towards her. "Stay away from me! Do you not remember the times you tried to kill me and my friends?!" Zoey said angrily "not to mention the time you tried to kill Mark to get back at me." Dren walked closer to her just inches away from her face "you want to know why I did all those things? Well firstly I had no choice because my master wanted the blue planet and secondly it's because of all those times you and that stuck up boyfriend of yours spent together leaving me to grieve my loss." Zoey stepped back "your lying! And your crazy if you think for one second I'm going to trust you then your wrong and i guess you have forgotten about that time you kissed me when we first met!" Zoey looked away and continued to walk to Cafe Mew Mew. "Oh you mean like this" Dren said and took her by the shoulder and pulled her in kissing her deeply. Zoey pulled away quickly grossed out blushing madly "ewww gross get away from me!" She said turning her head away "awww the Kitty Cat is shy" Dren teased "I guess that wasn't very smart of me the first time I kissed you." Zoey blushed even more but anger built up inside of her and instead she started to yell. "You really think after all those times I ever had feelings for you!? Well guess what Dren? Your a stupid uncaring jerk with no feelings" Zoey turned away and continued on her way walking slowly down the street "I never loved you Dren and I never will!!!." Zoey yelled her final words and walked away leaving. Dren stood there stunned and shocked. Slowly a cold hard tear formed in his eyes and he gave a slight sob as tears began to fall uncontrollably. Zoey turned around and saw what she had just done and felt bad. She had never seen Dren cry before or at least she had never seen any Cineclone ever cry and she thought back to all those times when Dren had laughed and had fun trying to destroy her and the other Mew Mew's. Dren kept crying uncontrollably "why?" he asked in a slight rough sob "why don't you understand my feelings for you?" he slowly drifted into the air teary eyed and sat on a nearby wall. Zoey stopped in her tracks and went over to comfort him "Dren, look" she said "I'm sorry for what I said when I meant that I would never love you I didn't mean that no one would ever love you." Dren stood up and held Zoey close to him "Zoey please listen to me" he said softly "I need to tell you something really important." Zoey blushed lightly, it was so faint you could barely see it "I'm listening" she whispered. Dren spoke softly as he held her closer to him, so close their lips almost touched "Zoey I never had a choice to do all those bad things I was forced to by the leader of the Cineclones and then for me failing him he stuck me with that little brat Tarb and his older brother I never wanted to hurt you nor did I want to defeat you because from the first moment I ever layed my eyes on you, from the first moment we met I fell deeply in love with you why did you think that that one time when Renee was trying to protect you when that serpent was squeezing you I told him immediately to stop squeezing you? Because I didn't want to see you die in my arms nor did I want you to get badly hurt." Zoey looked at Dren blushing madly "D-Dren I... ." Dren put his finger over her lips "shhhh you don't have to say anything I just wish you didn't see me as the bad guy in your eyes" Dren pulled away slowly and drifted into the air sadly. Zoey watched holding out her hand to him "Dren wait!" She cried reaching for his hand and pulling him back down. Dren was pulled to the ground and he held her close "Dren I..." Zoey couldn't take it anymore after all that she had said to him she couldn't be more sorry, she pulled him in and kissed him deeply on the lips. Dren was shocked for a few seconds and blushed lightly but kissed her back deeply a few moments later it broke into a passionate kiss and both pulled away breaking the kiss. Dren looked deep into Zoey's eyes and smiled "I love you Kitty Cat" he said with a chuckle realising he just gave her his nickname, Zoey giggled nervously and smiled back looking into his deep orange eyes "I-I love you too Dren." Dren held her close "I promise I will not let anyone hurt or harm you" he drifted into the air "I think I'd better go before Tarb and the others get suspicious and before the Mew Mew's see us together and take me as a threat." Zoey sighed "alright I guess I'd better go too before the others think I was captured on my way to the cafe." Dren burst into a loud chuckled "by who mwah?" Zoey giggled slightly sometimes just sometimes despite his attitude and and his rage to destroy the Mew Mew's he was quite cute, to her at least. After a few moments Dren lifted her into the air and kissed her again "till next time my Kitty Cat" he said softly and smirked as he gently lowered her to the ground and disappeared. Zoey sighed and continued on her way to the cafe that was less than a block away.