37. Lemon Wafers

Beginne am Anfang

My eyes followed him as he bent down to his suitcase, roughly pushing aside a mountain of t-shirts. What was the point of owning so many when they hardly saw the light of the day? His pant already hung low on his waist, would have been treading on dangerous territories had it not been for his red colored underwear. For some reason, it felt weird knowing that I knew about the color of his underwear. It was obvious that he did not knew mine. And on some level I was relieved that it wasn't a Leopard print or something similarly wild. It would have been too much for my not-so-virgin eyes. Also disturbing to see, if I may add.

Brandon stood up, and I averted my eyes away. Almost as if I hadn't just had a long discussion in my head on his underwear. I heard the crinkling sound of paper. He turned. There was something in his hand though I couldn't read between the blur as he placed it in his mouth. His steps kept advancing towards me as he ripped the wrapper apart with his teeth.

"Ah," he said, opening his mouth. I opened mine as he said so. In a second, he placed the bar of chocolate in my mouth. I bit down, the sugary crunchiness exploding in my mouth.

"Eat that before I give you the medicine," he said, throwing the wrapper away in the dustbin. "Do you want juice too?"

I shook my head, chowing down the bar in seconds. It was sweet of him to take care of me, and I inwardly smiled, brushing the crumbs off my pjamas.

"Here." He came back, a spoon and the bottle of cold and flu syrup in his hands. I winced at the dark colored liquid in his hands and just prayed to get over with it soon. Although it was a good thing, my mother always insisted on carrying necessary medicines while traveling. Saved me from the trouble of visiting a doctor for common aches.

Brandon poured the liquid onto the spoon and I opened my mouth, swallowing the bitter flavored medicine. I scrunched up my face in distaste. To my horror, he poured another spoonful.

"For fast recovery. Two teaspoons are recommended for adults," he spoke, urging me on to swallow the liquid as well. I did as he asked, under his mercy. The liquid didn't bore well as it traveled down my throat but I controlled my gag reflex.

"I don't feel any different," I whined.

"You have to wait till the medicine kicks in." He closed the cap and kept the bottle on the table.

"Whatever. It was so bitter, can't I have something sweet?" I winced, craning my neck to look for a toffee or a sachet of sugar. They were always lying around here and there, but missing when I actually needed them.

"Something sweet?" Brandon came up to me, and I nodded, looking up at him. Did he have another one of his treats in his hands? "How about this?"

He stooped low, winking at me on his way forward. My heart stopped for a beat when we were only a breath away from each other. I closed my eyes. The feel of his lips on mine sent a wave of heat through me. For a second and not more of contact, he moved back. I flexed my toes, which had curled with his touch. My eyes seemed to follow his lips, and I saw him flick his tongue out, licking them. He grinned, raising his eyebrows.

"Sweet enough?" he murmured in that husky voice and I felt my blush. There was challenge in his voice and with the way his eyes twinkled.

"No. I would have preferred chocolate any day." I deadpanned, enjoying the flicker of surprise in his eyes. However, it soon turned into an even more amused and challenging gaze. I knew it was coming.

"Then I should just prove my worthiness." He pushed me back, and I lifelessly fell back on the bed, bouncing a little. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that my hair fanned around me on the bed, contrasting the white against the red. I raised my eyebrows when he knelt, one leg wedged between my knees and the other on the side.