Chapter Eleven

"So where is your club meeting at the camp?" Siarra asked me as we drove to school.

I pushed my side bangs out of my face as the wind kept blowing them,"Entrance 4, where the arts academy meets."

"Ugh, I have to meet the squad at the sport entrance." Siarra groaned. "At least you least you won't have to deal with spilled glue and dried macaroni noodles the whole summer." I countered. We both laughed. Today was our last day of school and we decided to be late. Siarra had apologized to me a month after the whole party incident and now our friendship was as good as new. Of course, the tension with my sister was still there because Siarra had scored co-captain of the cheer-leading squad after the current co-captain broke her leg after a bad toss in the air. No one caught her...

"So what's with the new hairstyle, bangs? I thought you were always a no hair in the face girl." Siarra said.

"I thought I needed a bit of a change." I said.

"That's not the only reason is it?" Siarra asked, keeping her eyes on the rode.

I kept a straight face,"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Rose c'mon a sudden change is a big thing for you. It had to be because of something...or someone." Siarra said. "Did you change your hair for Kellan?"

"I haven't talked to Kellan in months, no way am I going to change my hair for him." I answered. It was true, Kellan and i haven't talked to each other since the day Aliyah and I signed up for the dance club, which has been a ball. I did start to feel like he stopped paying attention to me after he got more fans from the band. For crying out loud he was the lead singer! However that wasn't exactly why I had changed my hair...

Audrey. Yup, my sister had finally nip picked her way to my sanity and is driving me crazy. After I had the fight with Siarra at the party, I had been getting a lot of attention. That, however, did not float my sister's boat. She became more rough at home, like color dying mu bras, sending me threat notes and saying a bunch of insults like how my front bangs were so 90's. I had'nt told my parents, because I figured it was just a phase Audrey was going through.

"Look just promise me you won't change for anyone. I want you to stay pure no matter what Rose."

"I get sick by just having being spilled on me, I think I can maintain my purity." I said.

At the end of the school day, the club members all met out to the back of the school. We all got on our designated buses and soon began to hit the road. I was lucky enough to score the seat next to Aaron. All the girls got jealous. He was a looker and I think everyone in dance club thought so, even some boys.

"So what does our mentor have in-stored for us this summer?" I asked him.

"Well we'll be stuck between helping around in the camp and practicing the big showcase at the end of the summer." Aaron answered.

"Showcase?" I asked.

"Its like a talent show that the camp has at the end of each year and each club has to perform an individual piece in order to win the $25,000 prize." Aaron explained.

"Woah, that kind of money could be used to fund threw clubs already!" I said.

"Or just our club." Aaron countered.

I shrugged my shoulders. No shit Aaron would want the money just for the dance club.

"Hey, did you do something to your hair?" Aaron asked me.

"Um yea actually." I answered, shocked that Aaron actually noticed. He stared me down with his crystal blue eyes.

"Its looks good," Aaron began. "Its different."

I screamed of anger on the inside. Different, that word bought back all the memories I had with Kellan. All the times he said I was different and all the times I wasn't sure if it that meant something positive. All the times when I thought he was going to sweep me off my feet, but then I'd fall back into reality and realize he did that with all the girls.

"Thanks." I said to Aaron, trying to maintain a smile while I wanted cry of sadness and yell of anger at the same time.

By the time we got to the campsite, it was past 5pm. The members there showed us to our cabins. Each cabin consisted of three queen sized beds, three dressers, and one bathroom.

Once I got to my bed I, I dropped my things on the floor. I thought I would never see a bed ever again. Aliyah pulled her ipad out of her bag.

I sat up on my bed,"Hey, do you know who our other roommate is?"

"Nope." Aliyah answered, with her eyes glued to the Ipad.

"Do want to come with me to explore the campsite before the first campfire tonight?" I asked her with less enthusiasm.

"Um, I'll catch up with you later, I kind of have to do something right now." Aliyah said holding up the ipad.

I nodded getting the hint that it was time for me to leave so Aliyah could have some private time with her boyfriend. Hopefully, they were just talking via vchat and nothing else. The thought of them doing something naughty made me shiver.

As I made my way through the campsite, I noticed that clubs were already practicing for the competition. Sad how money is the key for making others productive. What was also pretty sad was that everyone pretty much knew what they were going to do for the competition, while as Aaron hadn't even told us about it. How were we suppose to compete with such excellence?

Suddenly, while I was walking buried in my own thoughts, I bumped into someone.

As I sat up on the ground, I looked up to see who I had bumped into. There he was, staring into my eyes with his bright blue ones. My face began to burn and my heart began to pound...Kellan.

He helped me off the floor like the first time we met and like the first time we met I almost flew into his face when he pulled me up.

"R-Rose I did not know you were here." He said, growing red in the face.

"Yea, well I kind of didn't have a choice considering the fact that I'm in the dance club." I said.

"You look so..." He began.

I swear to god if he says different, I will literally slap him across the face. That was one thing I did not miss about Kellan. Not that I missed him...

"Beautiful." He ended up saying.

I looked at him shocked. He didn't say I looked different. He said I was beautiful. Not pretty, not cute, but beautiful. Oh no, I was fangirling over Kellan. Which meant that I was falling for him all over again.

"Listen, if your not sure of who to sit with at the campfire tonight, I have a spare seat next to me." Kellan said blushing even harder then when he bumped into me.

I laughed at his attempt to try to ask me on a date. I figured he would be a pro at that. "Sure, I'll sit next to you, we can catch up."