chapter twelve

XᏆᏆ

( ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ )

↳ ( ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ  )

LUCY P.O.V

The bell hit. Natsu made the first move. "Fire Dragon Roar." Natsu chanted and aimed for me; I didn't dodge it though. It would be a waste of my energy to move to the side.

"It seems that Lucy Dragnoia intends to take the attack head-on," Yajima commented from his place at the table with the other commentators. I welcomed the attack with open arms, smirking when I realised that everyone thought Natsue had won. It was only my team and I that knew I'd been hit by worse. I trained with Igneel who tried to attack me with this move many times. 

"Not so fast," I spoke up as the smoke cleared, showing a clear view of me standing right in the middle with no injuries whatsoever. I heard my guild cheer me on, getting a sense of deja vu from when I fought against Rufus.

"Impossible, Lucy has just taken that attack head on and has no injuries." Chapati Lola said. I smirked. Erza then changed into her black wing armour and charged at Sting. 

"Sting, watch out!" I yelled out to him. He dodged the attack, jumping back.

"That was harsh. Attacking me when I'm  not concentrated." Sting tsked.

"Well then you should focus more on your opponent," Erza said, and I rolled my eyes. Always trying to be so brave and noble.

"Then I shall," Sting said, and of course he tries to act all proper by using words he thought were fancy. Shall was not a fancy word. Feeling the temperature rise slightly, I turned my head to see Natsu ignite his fist on fire and ran towards me. Unfortunately for him, my reflexes were faster, and I grabbed his fist in my left hand, wincing slightly as his flames burned my hand. 

"Try harder," I teased before using my right hand to punch him to the side with my fist ignited with my unlocked celestial power. Pride swelled in my chest once I saw Sting kick back Erza into the wall, a few inches next to Natsu. An idea went off in my head. "Sting!" He looked at me. "Let's do that," I added. He nodded, making his way over to me. 

We clasped our hands together, inhaling deeply as we allowed our powers to connect through our palms. Once we knew it worked, our eyes snapped open in sync and we moved back, ready to cast the spell. "Roar of the Celestial/White Dragon" We chanted together. The two roars merged into a larger one and hit Erza and Natsu together as they were to slow to get up and move. 

"That was amazing. It seems that Lucy and Sting did a unison raid." Chapati Lola said. The crowd cheered loudly while we smirked proudly, but this was far from over. Once the smoke cleared, both Erza and Natsu were standing, but they had cuts and bruises all over them.

"So it seems I've underestimated both of you." Erza and I said in unison. I glared at her. "Don't copy me." We both yelled. We were both Irritated. "Stop that." We both yelled again. I was about to say something until Natsue yelled out a spell that caught me off guard slightly, but after being with him for a long time, I knew precisely what spell he was going to cast once he did the first move.