9

I stood on the side evaluating the men as they were doing push ups. I saw Steve struggling.

I spoke to him in the beginning of the week and he explained himself.

Bucky would probably kill me if he knew I'm letting him do this. But this is Steves choice.

Bucky's so use to protecting him so it's not surprising why he wouldn't want Steve to be a part of this.

"Come on ladies, faster. My grandmother has more life in her, God rest her soul." Peggy says. "Move it" She yells. They continued with the push ups. I noticed Colonel Philips and Dr. Erkstine walking over.

"You stick a needle in that kid's arm, it's gonna go right through him." I overhear Colonel Philips say. "Look at him." I watched Steve doing jumping jacks. "He's making me cry."

"I'm looking for qualities beyond the physical." Dr. Erkstine stated.

"Do you know how long it took to set up this project? All the groveling I had to do in front of Senator what's his name's committees?" I walk over to them.

"Excuse me to interrupt gentlemen but sir I too believe that Mr. Rogers is right for the serum. Even though he is small and stuff now, but imagine what the serum would do to his body. From experience it'll help with his growth and so much more. And Mr. Rogers is dedicated to this and a whole part of war is you have to make chances and sacrifices, yes?"

"Yes." Philips says unsurely.

"Dr. Erkstine wants to take this chance and sacrifice for this. It will not be for nothing sir, I assure you."

"Then throw me a bone. Hodge passed every test we gave him. He's big, he's fast. He obeys orders."

"He's a bully." Dr. Erkstine stated. I nodded in agreement.

"You don't win wars with niceness, Doctor." He walks over to the truck pulling out on of the fake grenade we got from Howard. "You win them with guts." He stated unlatching the dud grenade and throwing to the soldiers. "Grenade" He yelled. All the soldiers ran around scrambling to get away. Steve shuffled over to it laying on it. Peggy went over to him.

"Get away" Steve yelled. "Get back." He said up after nothing happened.

"It's a dummy grenade, get back in formation." Someone announced.

"Is this a test?" Steve asked. I smirked.

"He's still skinny." Colonel stated before walking away. I smile at Steve.

-

It's the very next day. I was in the lab where the procedure was being done. It was the same place I got it done at.

I was talking to Howard about it.

The room became silent. I looked up and saw Peggy and Steve. I smile lightly at them as they made their way down.

A few minutes later Steve was laying down in the machine. I walk over to him.

"Comfortable?" I ask him.

"It's a little big." He commented. I chuckled.

"I'm sure it'll be fine. It was bit big for me too." I said truthfully.

"Oh, yea I forgot you got this done." He mumbled to himself. "Did it hurt?" He asks. I sigh.

"It'll be over before you know it." I told him. I cleared my throat. "Mr. Stark, how are your levels?"

"Levels at 100%." Howard says walking over. "We may dim half the lights in Brooklyn, but we are ready as we'll ever be." Howard said as Steve was getting strapped up.

"Agent Andrews. Don't you think you would be more comfortable in the booth?" I nodded.

"Yes, of course, sorry." I said as I walked up the stairs and into the booth.

_____________________________

Vote/Comment