PIGGYBACK RIDES AND WEIRD MORNINGS

Start from the beginning

James looked at me with a relieved expression, "We're in the fourth floor," he told me, "And now you have to promise me you can keep a secret. A Marauder's secret."

I gave a mirthless laugh, "I won't promise you anything if you don't take me back in this second!"

He sighed and, for the first time since he had found me in the library, seemed really exhausted, "Please Lily, help me on this one. I swear you won't regret it."

I looked at the ceiling and pouted, "Fine, whatever."

He was smiling when I looked at him again, "Promise me," he said, "C'mon!"

I nodded, "Alright then. I promise," I said as dully as I could, but it had no effect as he started grinning like a mad man. I started to regret what I had just done... if it was a Marauder's secret it couldn't be good... could it?

He grabbed my hand before I had the chance to go over the promise I had done carefully, and pulled me, "Follow me," he told me, not really giving me any other chance, "You'll like it."

He positioned himself in front of the mirror and I saw -through the mirror- him saying some words an then touching it with his wand.

I gasped in surprise as I saw the mirror opening, as if it was a door, to leave a dark passageway in front of us, "What is this?" I asked, not being able to stop myself from feeling excited, "A tunnel?"

James just grinned back, "Just come and you'll see."

"Oh yeah," I said sarcastically, "It's really nice when you explain yourself so well."

He laughed and I smiled a little, as I had no other chance but to follow him as he led me through the dark corridor. His hand was still grasping mine, and I couldn't avoid but blush. Thank God it was dark.

After what seemed like half an hour but were in fact ten minutes, we got out of the tunnel. We were met still by darkness, but a different one that, however, didn't hide the beauty of the place we had arrived to.

We were in Hogsmeade!

"James Potter!" I hissed, "We're out of the school!"

He nodded, looking at me and grinning, "I know," he said, "Don't fret now, please!"

"Don't fret? Don't fret?!" I repeated incredulously. Never had I thought the tunnel would end in Hogsmeade! "We're out of school without permission and you are the bloody Head Boy!"

He dismissed my worries with his hand, "Just tell me, where you want to go first? How about the Three Broomsticks? Maybe Zonkos'? The night's still young and it's all ours!" He had a smile plastered on his face.

I shook my head, not amused at all. "You're crazy," I stated, "Completely and totally crazy! What if we get caught?"

He shrugged, "I never got caught." He told me proudly. After seeing my reticent expression he smiled, "What about this: if we do get caught, I'll say you're under the Imperious Curse and you only did what you did because I ordered you to."

I bit my lower lip in deep thought, going over what he had said to me. 'One night out couldn't hurt, could it?' I thought. He gave me those puppy eyes which remembered me so much of Madeleine whenever she wanted something that it made me laugh at his antics. If Mado was here, I thought, this was exactly what she would be doing. Finally, I nodded, "Alright," I said "But if we get in trouble-"

"We won't," he said as he grabbed my hand, "Just relax!"

"Okay then," I said, "How about a buterbeer first?"

He grinned at me, "Of course, my Lady!" he said as he started walking in the direction of the Three Broomsticks, completely forgetting to release my hand all the way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Where the hell have you been Lillian Evans?"