Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX~

It was nine in the morning and Dion was staring somewhat creepily at Sydney's sleeping form. In one hand was his lukewarm coffee and in his other hand was a glass of cold water with ice cubes. He was in the midst of a serious debate. A very serious, highly important debate: whether to thrown the coffee or the cold water over Sydney to wake her up.

He did not want to use yesterday's method of clanging pots and pans because he ended up denting a pot and scratching off some weird black stuff.

Maybe he should pour both liquids. One over each foot. That should do the trick.

Without bothering to stay silent, Dion grabbed a garbage bag and lined the area under Sydney's bare feet so he wouldn't mess up the little cot. Then, he grabbed the mugs and held them over her feet. With one swift motion, he overturned the cups and let both liquids stream down her feet.

Instantly she sat up. "I'm up Reyna!" she shouted.

Dion was confused until he remembered that Sydney's roommate was named Reyna.

"So that's how she wakes you up eh?" Dion commented with a smirk.

Sydney looked really confused. "Wait..." she muttered as she realized where she was, "I'm not at uni am I? Dammit Dion –ha, ha, alliteration. I'm such an English nerd. Anyway, why would you wake me up? It's like six in the morning,"

"Two things. One, you'll need to call your mother because they haven't gotten around to clearing up the roads because another storm system is upon us so you'll be staying for another night and-"

"And you might want to take a breath there Dion." Sydney interrupted as Dion attempted to get everything out in one breath.

He ignored her, "we have lots of decorating to do today so I suggest you get up and eat some food. I'm making omelets today! Hope you like bacon and cheese."

Sydney nodded, rubbing at her sleep crusted eyes. "I'll be there soon enough," she grumbled as her stomach snarled at the thought of food.

Dion shook his head in disagreement. "Let's go! Shoo! Hiya! Mush! You'll fall right back asleep if I don't force you up now."

"Yes mum." Sydney bit out sarcastically as she stretched, trying to remove her legs from the mess of blankets.

"Good girl. And don't forget to call your mom!"

<<∞>>

Sydney was finishing the dishes –something she literally forced Dion into letting her do –as Dion moved around the front of the café, preparing for something.

She finished off the last of the forks just as Dion ambled back into the kitchen to check up on her progress.

"I still can't believe you flipped me over and dragged me out of the kitchen," he grumbled. "My man-pride is hurt beyond repair."

"What man-pride?" Sydney muttered softly, "Well I don't care. You can't possibly expect me to sit there uselessly while you do everything right? I'd die of guilt before I let you do that," Sydney retorted. "Your man-pride will live."

"How did you even flip me over? For someone so small, you sure are stronger than you seem."

"I am not short!" Sydney snapped. "I am five foot six! You're just a monstrous giant. Besides, I'm a ninja."

"Uh huh, that white belt level you've got is sure scary," Dion teased as Sydney wiped off her hands and followed Dion out of the kitchen.

"It is!"