Playbook: conditioning

4 months of pure strategy. On the court and off. The game never stops. The time keeps going down by the second. One on one? Double team? I don't stop until until the time does.

buzzzzzz buzzzzz buzzzzz

My alarm. Of course. I can always rely on this alarm.

"Yn get ready!" To match the sound of my alarm was the voice of my mother, wonderful.

After debating whether or not I should get up I kinda just said 'fuck it' and got up. First my hygiene routine: brush teeth, wash face, look less disgusting blah blah blah. It's Thursday, sounds like a bummy day to me. Ripped jeans, hoodie, and air forces. Now to do with this god awful mess called my hair. Messy bun? Sure why not. Next a little makeup to look more awake. Primer, concealer, foundation, highlighter, matte power, eyeliner, mascara, bronzer, and a setting spray. Great now I look presentable.

7:35am. I gotta be outta here by 7:50. Sounds like waffles for breakfast.

I pop some waffles in the toaster and start loading my backpack with random snacks from the pantry.

*****
"Yn your late, again" whines my math teacher Mr. Garcia. "Aren't I always" I mummble under my breath. I go to my seat in the back with my 1st period niggwas.

"Wassup yn" "hey bestfrannn" "whaaash poppin" "hey babe" I heard from my friends as I walked to my seat. "Wadd up DJ" I said fist bumping him "hey hey bestie" I said hugging her "and I'm not your babe Zay" "what about me?" Kevin asked sounding all butt hurt. I put my stuff down and did a quick stretch out, "as for you......DAB!!!" Everyone laughed. "Nah I'm playing wassup tho" I said giving him a side hug. "Its okay. Imma be dabbin when you ask me to hoop with you again" he mocked.

"Yn you haven't been in here 5minutes and you've disrupted my class" Mr. Garcia damn near lectured me. "You don't have anything on the board, you've been sitting behind your desk on the computer, and everyone was talking before I even stepped in the door. I ain't disrupt nothing. I enhanced the vibe." I stated back.

****
It's finally lunch!!!!! I went to throw my backpack in my locker when I felt someone behind me. Seconds later I felt hands slightly sliding from my lower back and down my V line. I didn't turn around, I just let it happen. The body then pressed against mine and someone's head was resting on my shoulder. I turn my head only to see its Kevin.

"What Kev?" I asked closing my locker. " "don't act like you didn't love that" he smirked. "You know I knew it was you. That's the only reason why I didn't stop you." "Surrrrrrre. You know you love me" "whatever" "you coming over later" "for what?" "to improve your basketball skills" "uhhh sure, is Shari gonna be home?" "Idk why?" "Imma need to borrow a sports bra from her, hoop shoes, and shorts from you" "you know my shorts aint finna fit you" "they have the little tie thing in the front-.-" "fine"

***6th period
[texting kev]
Kev: ayy
Me: what
Kev: you got a sub?
Me: yeah why
Kev: I do to im boutta go to yo class
Me: I got PE
Kev: then let's just go now
Me: where
Kev:my house
Me: what time the bus come
Kev: like 9 minutes
Me: ard meet me up the hill

****
"How often do you ditch?" I asked Kevin as we approached his door. "Too often" he laughed.

"Hey gurrrl" shari smiled. "Hey loml. Can I borrow a sports bra and your LeBrons" "sure, but don't you hate LeBron?" "Well duh you know its DubNation! Curry all day!" "Ewww"

We went upstairs. I went to the bathroom to put on the bra when Kevin walked in.

"My bad" he said stopped and staring "well leave then" "oh yeah" he closed the door and I finished getting ready

****
"Left hand layups now" Kevin instructed me. "I can't do my left that good" "exactly now go! 10 in a row without missing. You miss you start over"

He irritated my soul but he was helpful. By 5:30 I was tired and sore from all his coaching.

"You done for the day?" "Nah I'm gonna practice my right to left layups" "that can be tomorrow's goal now come on" "nah I'm bout to do these"

I was already sore and irritated I might as well keep going till I'm too tired to feel anything.

I went inside to go to the bathroom. The downstairs was locked so I went upstairs and bumped into Kevin.

"Sorry" I said keeping going. He followed me as I wiped off my forehead sweat. Kevin shut the door and stood behind me. "Good work today" "thanks but I'm not done" he pressed his body against mine gripping my waist. The heat from his body made be hotter than I already was. I felt my head roll back and I jumped back into myself. "No! No kev. Just....no" I said walking out the room and back downstairs.

====================
First part of Playbook. This was basically the prologue. Just some background before all the fun stuff happens! Can't wait to publish part two "setting teams"! Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow but yeah much love to ya
<3 Cierra