27. Waking To A Dream

Start from the beginning

His face formed into confusion as he debated whether or not he should. He didn't expect that answer from her mouth, but like before she was full of surprises.

Deva searched his stern face and thought maybe he'd go for it, but was quickly shot down when his eyes went cold.

"No." His tone was rock hard and unquestionable, but she wouldn't be Deva if she didn't put up a fight.

"Dar please." She begged. For some reason, she really wanted to see it up close and personal.

Reading about them and watching movies on them was completely different than actually getting to see the real thing.

Darius stood and walked to his closet like her pleading didn't affect him. He didn't want her around it, and no way was he going to take her. No matter how much begging she was going to put out. He was going to have to resist her cute adorable charm and refuse her, teaching her he could put his foot down when needed to.

Deva quickly got up to follow him. "Please. Come on. I just want to see it."

"I said no Deva."

He was being more difficult than usual; so she decided to raise the bar a bit by wrapping her arms around his waist. He kept his gaze forward searching for something to wear and forcing himself not to be tempted by her efforts in changing his mind.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want you near that unstable creature."

She rested her head on his fine chiseled backside. "But he's caged up isn't he?"

"That's not the point. I don't want you down there."

She moved around his body; so she was now facing his front. He was forced to stop his search and drop his gaze at her big brown narrowed eyes.

"I'm not as fragile as you think."

"There are scary monsters out there that you are just now realizing exist. Sweetheart don't you think you should be taking these dark freaky doses one at a time?"

"I don't want to. Darius I really want to see this thing for myself."

He cupped her face wondering what could possibly be going on in that beautiful and strange head of hers. "Why? Aren't you afraid of what you'll see?"

"Not really. I have a picture in mind of what it looks like because of all the books I've read, but I want to see with my own eyes."

Her answer didn't seem to convince him; so she got on her tippy toes so she could place her forehead on his. It always seemed to calm him down and loosen him up to get what she wanted.

"You know me. It takes a lot to freak me out or even scare me. Please muffin. You'll be there too, and I trust you."

The last part hung in his mind. She trusted him. Those were the key words that got her what she wanted.

"Fine we'll go, but if I sense fear or danger in any way we are out of there."

She kissed him, excited. "Of course."

They both got dressed before making their way to the back of the castle and down towards the dark cells. She held onto Darius' big hand as they passed the dreary dark brick hallways. It smelt like dirt down there, and it looked no better. At the end of the hall, they took the left turn and approached a massive steel door that was being guarded by a huge man in uniform.

He bowed as soon as he saw the prince. He didn't question them as the prince began to open the heavy steel door with one hand and one swift push. To her surprise the room was nothing like the halls. The walls and floors were all white almost making her blink from how bright it was.