Chapter 3: Visitors

You wake up to the sound of hard, loud knocking on you wooden door. You jolt up for you were in the middle of a vivid nightmare where a giant centipede is devouring you as your daisies are shaking their wilting petals in a disapproving way. You rub your eyes a few times adjusting them to the red darkness of your room. Knock knock knock. You walk shakily to the door still half asleep. KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. "Hold on!" You yell impatiently. You slowly open the door to be welcomed by two large cockroaches standing up to about 7 feet tall. "Why hello! It's quite early in the morning for visitors but that's okay." You say and welcome them in and offer them something to drink, "Some jasmine tea for me please." Says a raspy voice. "Coffee with a pinch of salt please." Says another deep voice. You prepare their drinks with care. You hear them whispering and mumbling. You wonder what their talking about, but then you stop yourself because you don't want to be too nosy.

While the two roaches sipped on their hot beverages, they explain their reasoning for being at your home. They were there to help with your preparations for the attack of the moths. You ask them what the moths wanted and who were they. The two beings ignore your question and continue to drink their drinks. After that, they don't talk much more to you. For some reason they give you an uneasy feeling. It feels like they are watching your every move. You pretend they aren't bothering you and occasionally try to make conversation with them. They would usually not respond and you didn't mind that. You didn't really expect them to anyways.

~~~~~~~

You go to check your garden and notice that there are rain clouds above. You have rarely seen clouds so this excites you. You love the rain very much. When you were a child, you used to form a circle out of your collection of moths and put a candle in the middle. The. You would say a chant and then the snake would arrive. You would then feed it one piece of skin from your thigh. He would then give you a piece of candy in exchange. You would then pass out for twenty to thirty minutes. After that you would wake up and it is raining a strange substance. You would lay on the ground and close your eyes feeling each drop hit your skin and you would smile. You would smile because there's no one else who will. And your okay with that.
Oh the good old days. You wish you had more time for such activities, but your now a busy man. You look up at the sky and smile, but then your smile turns into a frown. You notice that the sky isn't the normal crimson red it usually is, but it's a grayish green. This worries you so you pay a visit to Wolfgang to see what he thinks.