Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful

I could not believe that I was stuck at work on Christmas Eve due to the stupid blizzard! The grocery store was practically empty, except for me, some guy reading a beer bottle, and my "trusty" co-worker James.

Christmas music was playing throughout the store but I was not in the Christmas spirit. The roads weren't going to be plowed until 11:00 p.m tonight. All I am doing is listening to James talk about how he was going to see his "girlfriend" tonight. He always talks about this girl who is never around. And when she is, I am never able to meet her.

"We were going to eat fruit cake, that is her favorite Christmas treat, and we were going to dance around to Christmas music..." James went on. I tuned him out while letting out a long sigh.

The sliding doors opened and closed and I look up from staring intently at my nails to make myself seem busy in hopes of making James stop talking! A tall man walked in, he was covered in snow like he had been walking through the blizzard. He took off his hat and shook off his coat.

"It's really cold out there." The man said after realizing the only three people in the store were staring at him. I just nodded my head.

James spoke up. "Did you walk here?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was trying to make it home for Christmas Eve, but my car broke down." He said as he walked over to us.

"Hm, maybe you could get it towed back to your house and one of us can drive you home." He said looking expectantly at me. I glared at him, knowing what he was thinking. He was thinking that he had more important people at his house than I did. Which was true I guess, his "girlfriend" was there and his grandparents that lived in Thailand and only visited every three years.

"No, it's fine. I can manage. I could always catch a ride with the tow truck guy." He said politely. James had to speak up about this.

"The tow truck won't be able to get here until tomorrow morning." Now it was the man's turn to look at me. He looked at my name tag and spoke up.

"So Clara. Would you mined driving me?" He asked almost sheepishly. He was about a year or two older than me and he seemed somewhat trustworthy.

"Sure." I said, I really didn't have that much family over, and even when I got home, most of them would be gone anyway, except for my grandparents who were staying for the rest of the week. "But first, what is your name." I asked. Caution is key.

"William." He answered. "I have my license to prove it. William Winchester." I nodded my head in approval. I trusted him, but I just wanted to be safe.

William started talking to James as I restocked some of the cans in the canned food section. I could hear James telling William about his girlfriend. I shook my head, feeling slightly bad for him.

The clock ticked. It was now 10:38 and the plow still hadn't come. It wasn't suppose to come till 11:00 but they could still come earlier.

Once I had finished restocking the cans I walked back to the counter. James was still talking to William. William was looking extremely bored as James blabbered on. I walked over to them.

"Hey James, I'm going to start and lock up, the snow plow should be here soon." I said, James nodded his head and continued to talk to William. I took off my store apron and walked into the employee locker room.