Part 9

KLAUS POV

Thump...thump...thump...thump

What is that noise? I turn over to look at the clock to see it is 8 O'clock. Shit. We were supposed to be leaving at 9. Elena. That was where the noise was coming from, her heartbeat. I get out of bed and go for a quick shower. I then head into Elena room, I open the door, and god she is so beautiful. She is sleeping so peacefully. She has never looked at stunning then she has now, the covers are pulled up to her stomach and her hand draped by her cheek. She stirs slightly and a soft sigh escapes her lips. I walk over to the bed and place my hand on her shoulder.

"Elena?" I say

"Ummm..."

"It's time to get up" she finally open her eyes, those perfect deep brown eyes. "I'm going to get your bags from the car were leaving at 9, so you can take a shower now and before your done I'll get your clothes"

"Thank you" she throws the bed covers off of her and walks to the bathroom. I walk through the doors and down the stairs. I hear the water running and imagine the water cascading down her body. No Niklaus, you cannot think of her like that. I walk outside and take the bags from Elena's car and put them into mine. I open the first bag I see and grab the first clothes that I find, I walk into the house and in to Elena's bedroom. I opened the doors and there she is standing there in only a towel.

"Ow... sorry I didn't mean to walk in on you" I say staring at the wall, she turns around and wraps her arm tighter around the towel.

"I was just looking for my clothes, but here you are" she walks close to me and with one hand takes the clothes from me. I saw her naked before, but this was so much different. Drips of water leaving her face were falling on to the swell of her breasts. Seeing my name on her collarbone. The vein on her neck was even more exposed by the wet hair removed from her neck and was now down her back. I realised that I had been staring for too long, time for my exit.

"I'll be waiting downstairs for you" I say turning round and heading for the door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had been driving in silence since we left Mystic falls, I occasionally looked over at Elena to see her staring out of the window. We were passing the town sigh, she sighed as it came past. I knew that this would be hard for her to leave her family and everything that she knew to come with me to New Orleans. Elena would do anything for her family and that meant coming with me, afraid that I would hurt her friends and family. But the only thing that I wanted was for Elena to be safe and from what Sophie had said if we are apart we could die and I could never risk Elena life after what I have put her through.

"Klaus?" she said. I was happy that she had spoken, breaking the silence between us.

"Yes?"

"Why New Orleans?" she said still looking out the window.

"During the 1800's me and my family not including Finn, moved to New Orleans and we all fell in love, everything there is fantastic and magical. There's music, art and culture. We spent so many years there but I never got bored" I could talk about New Orleans forever, I have been all over the world but if I were to call anywhere home, it would be New Orleans. I turned to see her staring at be in disbelief.

"What are you staring at love?"

"You. I have never heard you talk about anything as passionate as that before. It must really be spectacular" she said. I would love to show her all my favourite places in New Orleans, hoping they would become her favourites as well.

"Why did you leave then?"

"Well Mikael was chasing us, we were still running for our lives. He found us there and it was time to run again, but I always said that when he was dead I would go back there and build home, which could never be taken from me" I said.

"What about you my dear, tell me about yourself"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything. I know about your ancestors and the drama with the Salvatore brothers. However I do not know much about you, your hopes and desires" I said, why can't I control myself around her, why was I asking all these questions?

"There's not much to know, my parents died, found out that my parents weren't my parents. Found out that I am the doppelgänger, I have almost be turned into a vampire numerous times, now I'm a werewolf because of Katherine and just recently learned that I'm supposed to be the soulmate of the hybrid" she said, she turn to look out of the window, she has felt so much pain, mostly because of me.

"But you still haven't answered my question, what are your hopes?"

"I don't know, since everything has happened, I haven't had time to look to the future"

"Maybe now you can"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few more hours of driving and talking, we arrive in New Orleans and take her straight the Manor we are going to be staying at. The gates open, I drive straight to the front door and stop, I turn to Elena who is staring at the house, it was beautiful to me the first time that I had seen it, and I hope that she will like it too.

I climbed out of the car and sped round to Elena's side to open her door, she was still staring and didn't notice my hand held out for her. After she took my hand I lead her inside.

"Welcome to my home" I said with the biggest grim on my face.

"its ginormous" it was all she could say. Since I found out that she was coming I had made sure that my hybrid had cleaned the house for her arrival. I decided that the best was for the situation to accommodate us both is that I try to make her as comfortable as possible and I would do anything to make her smile. I started to notice that the more time I spend around Elena, the less I think about power. Every day of my life I've wanted more power, but around her I don't seem to need it. I need to remember that to love is to be weak.

But all I know is that as I stare at her face, observing every twitch of her noise, every time her hair falls over eye and every time her lips part, that I just want to grab her and kiss her.

Oh no this can't be happening. No I won't let it. I am not falling for Elena Gilbert.