Chapter Four

~ The Beginning of the End ~

December 19, 2012

SEBASTIAN CAINE!!!!

I can't believe it.  Sebastian Freaking Caine walked right up to me at lunch and asked for my phone number.  I didn't think I was even a tiny speck of a blimp on his radar.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm popular, more than popular, really, but even I can't get into Sebastian's little circle of friends.  They are like the MEGA popular of the school.  They're only Juniors and even the Seniors envy them.  If they so much as blink at you by accident, you've been blessed and he ASKED ME FOR MY PHONE NUMBER!

Me!  Jenny Melton!  I can't wait to tell Mel tonight when we chat.  She's going to roll her eyes at me and I don't care.  She just doesn't understand that who you date in high school is important.  I wish I could be more like her and not care what anyone thought of me, but I can't.  I want people to like me.  I try to be nice to everyone I know and I need them to know I care about them.  My friends are important to me. 

Anyway, Suzie and I were at our lockers getting ready to head to lunch when he came over in all his glory.  Imagine a younger version of David Becham.  Tall, dark, and absolutely beautiful.  His brown eyes are so deep they just want to make you melt into a little puddle when he looks at you.  His smile is like having a warm blanket wrapped around you in the middle of winter.  You're all warm and content just basking in it. 

Suzie and I were chatting about what we were going to be doing over winter break.  She's heading back to Vermont to spend the holidays with her family and Dad and I decided to head down to Winter Place in West Virginia to do some skiing right after Christmas.  Suzie's jaw dropped open and drool spilled out.  I kid you not, I laughed outright until she pointed and I turned to see him smiling at us.  My face flamed up redder than my favorite crimson blush lipstick.  I was so embarrassed.  There I was with my face beet red and Suzie drooling like some idiot.  I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide until the end of the time.

Sebastian just continued to smile and asked if he could call me over the break.  Maybe get together for a burger or something.  I think I mumbled something close to an acceptable response.  I can't remember.  I was in shock.  He gave me his phone and had me put my number in it.  I fumbled and had to erase stuff I was so flustered, but I got it in there with my name.  He told me and Suzie to have a great holiday and then winked at me and said he'd call later.

As soon as he turned the corner, I literally slid down the wall and sat on the floor.  Shock.  Suzie said I looked like a girl who'd died and gone to shoe heaven where all the best designers were on clearance for eighty percent off.  It felt just like that.  I was in heaven.

Oh my gosh, will he call me?  I haven't put the phone down since he handed it back to me.  I desperately want him to call.  Please call me!