Chapter Four: Conquest

With the first of the seven princes down, they had 6 to go before they could potentially fight Satan and restore humanity to its original state. But, was this truly the right thing to do? Surely, the demons were doing something horrible, but perhaps they have no other choice or reasoning to follow. The morning after the fight, Ryu got up quickly, ready for his usual morning training. To his surprise, Jun was waiting by the door. "You still have a class to attend to." She said.

Ryu quirked up his eyebrow, curious as to what she meant with those words. A class? "You defeated a Hell Prince with fair ease. This was one of the very few direct confrontations we've had or close encounters with any of them in the past years. The commander you met yesterday is one of the few to survive one of their first attacks. It's already amazing that you managed to kill one yourself, but there's still 6 left and various of other factions. They're generally united under one 'faction', but each battle for power." Jun explained.

"So basically you're telling me we need to kill all of them anyway?" Ryu asked, as Jun crossed her arms. She tried to think of a way to put it more clearly. "The one you brought down was not among the stronger ones, fairly weak, even. Yet, this is a step forward for humanity. Never have we managed to defeat one of them, yet still you stand here. You are our gateway to destroying them. As long as you remember that, it'll be fine. The commander's scouts have been tracking another prince for a while, he will be closing in toward us sooner or later." She said with a smirk.

"Are you ready for the job?" She asked.

"Any time." He replied with confidence.

There were so many other things left to learn, however. He only knew there were 6 targets left, to put it simple. All he could do right now was put in an effort to grow stronger or help Wyvern and the army grow as a whole. The commander himself was probably going to step up sooner or later as well. While that thought was left for everyone to think about, Ryu had other things on his mind as he walked down the usual path of his roadwork.

Opening the door, he walked in and called out: "I'm back." With that, a quick reaction was heard from someone. "Welcome back." Saki's voice replied. She walked toward him with a towel hanging on her shoulders, seemingly happy to see him again. "Sorry about yesterday, I had to rush over to help them out." He said, apologizing for the kinda short reuniting. Even though it had only been around a week total that he was gone, Saki did feel a bit lonely.

Why, even though she has technically been alone forever? Because she pretty much loves Ryu. It might seem strange since they just had some stuff happening together, but it was mutual. Saki took a few small steps forward, swaying her arms around his shoulders and pulling him toward her, holding him fairly. Ryu blushed slightly, mainly out of surprise and feeling her heartbeat beat steadily. "You came back alive, that's all that matters for now." She said as she let go slowly, holding his hands.

She looked at the blushing Ryu as she quirked up an eyebrow and smirked slightly. "Hmh? What's the blushing for? Never gotten a hug before?" She asked, chuckling. Scratching the back of his head, he would pretty much have to agree with her statement. "... Not really, no. It's a bit embarrassing." He said, as she blinked her eyes. Was he serious or was it a joke? She wasn't entirely sure what he meant with those exact words.

"Didn't your mother ever give you a good old hug when you were a kid? She asked, as she saw his awkward smile turn into a somewhat neutral frown. "My mother passed away when she gave birth to me, and my old man died back in Gantz ..." He said, letting out a sigh. She grabbed hold of his hands firmly and showed a fairly bright smile, looking him right in the eyes. "Get used to it then, you'll be getting plenty more hugs sooner or later." She said, as Ryu let out a short laugh.