I Can Go the Distance

Request for KylieBri
A/N: Sequel to Switching Teams.

You'd been locked up under SHIELD's watch for three months. Loki visited you every day, promising you that he was working with Tony to get you out. You knew the Avengers would never let you go free, but it was nice that he was trying.

"You're seriously asking me for a favor, Reindeer Games?" Tony asked incredulously, not looking up from his work table.
"I am making a suggestion, Stark," Loki reasoned with a sigh. Tony had been nothing close to helpful in the last hour they'd been talking.
"What suggestion?"
"You let (y/n) out of her cell and I take her with me. We'll both leave the Tower and you and your friends never have to deal with us again."
Tony paused his work and looked up at the god. "You want me to let you and the criminal run away?"
"We would never bother the Avengers again," Loki promised. "She wouldn't even be evil anymore. We would start a life on our own and you can forget all about us."
"How do I know you won't try to take over the world again?" Tony countered. "You were both evil. You both attacked my team. I have no reason to believe that you won't hide out for a few months just to plot our demise."
Loki let out a sigh. "Your concerns are valid. I have given you no reason to trust my intentions, nor has (y/n). But what do you plan to do with her otherwise? Just leave her to rot in prison?"
"I was thinking about it," the playboy shrugged. "No reason to let her out."
"No reason to keep her in," Loki countered. "All you know is that she went undercover to your party."
"She told you her mission was to take us out," Tony reminded. "If we let her out, she could still try."
"I can assure you that she doesn't care about the mission," Loki sighed again, knowing Tony wouldn't take his word. He hesitated, pacing back and forth in front of Tony until an idea struck him. "What if I get your friends to believe that she won't hurt them? Will you let her go then?"
The billionaire snorted. "Sure, Reindeer Games. If you can convince the entire team that the dangerous little fox in there is safe, you two can leave."

He brought each of the Avengers in to see you, one by one. He started with Thor. He knew his brother would trust him more than the others did, and if you could convince Loki, you could convince Thor.
"So you are the maiden who has stolen my brother's heart," the blond smiled. You furrowed your brows at him, a light blush on your cheeks.
"And you're the brother that everyone favored over Loki, leaving him behind," you countered. Thor furrowed his brows in hurt and turned to look at the brunette who suddenly became interested in his shoes.
"Loki tells me that you have changed, that you want to be good," Thor stated.
"I don't want to be a weapon of destruction anymore," you replied softly.
"So you would give up the only life you have ever known?" the blond asked.
You nodded. "I don't want to hurt people. I want to start over, have a real life."
"With my brother?"
Your gaze flickered to the brunette who was now watching you with gentle eyes. "That would be preferable."
Thor smiled gently. "I do believe you have changed, Lady (y/n). I wish you and my brother the best."
A rush of pride and relief flowed through you at the blond's blessing, and a small smile graced your lips. As he left, Loki approached your cell, reaching in to grasp your hand.
"One down, five to go," he smiled.

Next was Steve. He and Bruce were the most level-headed Avengers, but the Other Guy had a bad history with Loki, so he opted for the good-hearted soldier first. He knew which team members would be the hardest to convince, so he tried to save them for later.
"I think of you the way I used to think of Loki," Steve stated, looking at you. "I didn't think that evil could change. I didn't think someone could just decide to become good. But Loki has managed it. I know a lot of people still don't trust him, and justifiably so." He paused to send an apologetic glance to the god, at which Loki nodded. He then turned his attention back to you. "But he's done nothing but help, or at least try to, since we agreed to take him in. He's helped Bruce in the lab, he's accompanied Natasha while grocery shopping, he's sparred with me and Clint to help us train... He's proven himself to me. I believe you can do the same, (y/n)."
A wave of awe washed through you at his words. He really believed in people, even after all he'd seen. You smiled softly at him, starting to believe in your own ability to change. Before it had just been a desire; an itching need. Now you felt that it was truly possible.

After Steve and Thor had given their blessings, the next three were fairly simple. Clint was still wary of the brunette after the brainwashing fiasco, but he saw the honest regret in your eyes and he knew that look.
Natasha had similar views. She'd been trained not to trust easily, especially people who wronged her. She still didn't trust Loki after everything he'd done to New York, but she could tell that he truly cared about you, and that surprised her. She'd never seen the god so sincere and emotional.
Bruce was also cautious around the mischief maker, but he had a sense of reassurance knowing that if Loki tried anything, the Other Guy would put him in his place. Having his own inner demons to fight every day, he understood the struggle of evil trying to become good. He could sense the love lingering between you and the god, and he wouldn't stand in your way.
You thanked the three of them for their approval as they left. You turned to Loki and nibbled your lower lip. "Now we have to convince Stark."
Loki smiled. "We already have. Stark promised that if we could get everyone else on our side, he would let us go."
"That was the deal, Reindeer Games," said a familiar voice. You both turned to see Tony standing in the door way, his arms folded. "I guess there's more to the both of you than I thought. I didn't think you'd be able to convince everyone, especially not Hawkeye or Banner."
"Will you hold up your end?" Loki asked cautiously, worried that Tony would just cut the deal off.
The billionaire nodded. He reached out to the control panel by the door and pressed a button, causing a loud beeping noise. The door of the cell lifted into the air, creating an opening. "You're free to go."
You reached out cautiously, afraid there might be a trap or an invisible field waiting to restrict you. Finding nothing but air, you stepped forward, gasping as you stepped down from the cell and onto the concrete floor. Loki immediately took you in his arms, burying his nose in your hair.
Tony cleared his throat, offering the two of you a small wave before turning and leaving.
Wrapping your arms around his neck, you looked up at the god. "We're free."
"Free and together," he smiled, leaning down to capture your lips. You melted against him, your fingers tangling in his raven hair. His hands gripped your hips, pulling your bodies together.
"I love you," he whispered between kisses.
"I love you too," you replied with a smile.
Within an hour, the both of you were packed and ready to start your new life together.