I Didn't Do It

I Didn't Do It
Request for 13Animegirl
A/N: *sings* But if I'd done it, how could you tell me that I was wrong?
So when I got to the part that was your request, I didn't have a lot written and the idea kinda ran away... I'm sorry if it's not what you wanted, I did incorporate your request.

"Have you any idea how severe your crimes are against the Nine Realms?" Odin's intimidating voice boomed, causing you to bow your head.

It had been fun while it lasted. Having grown up with Loki and being his best friend, you completely understood his reasons for desiring a throne and believing that the only way to gain a throne was to take over Midgard. You hadn't completely agreed with his methods, but you weren't about to turn your back on your best friend. You knew that you were the only person besides Frigga that he truly cared about, and you were the only one that stuck by him through everything.
So you ended up standing by his side as he sent the Chitauri to attack Earth. You'd stayed hidden when he'd been caught by the Avengers and locked away, temporarily taking his place as the Chitauri's leading officer. They took your commands easily, and it certainly bothered the Avengers that the aliens were still attacking while the god was in lockup. As soon as Loki broke out, he found you, kissing you roughly before returning to the fight.
That made it all worth it, you supposed. Attacking Midgard was one hell of an adrenaline rush, and it brought forth Loki's hidden feelings for you. Whether he truly loved you or was caught up in the heat of the moment, you mused that you didn't care, as long as he kissed you.

"Odin," Loki began. You watched him carefully. Was he really going to try and appeal to the King that he'd angered and disappointed thus far?
"Have you anything to say for yourself?" the King boomed, eyes pointed at Loki. You wondered if he'd forgotten your presence, since he was so focused on your companion. Frigga watched you carefully, knowing of your feelings for her son. You'd never told her directly, but she knew; Mother's Intuition and all.
"Yes," Loki nodded. "(y/n) is not at fault. I controlled her, just as I did with Agent Barton and Dr. Selvig. She was not working of her own free will."
You stared at Loki in shock, (e/c) widening exponentially. Did he really just take the fall for you? Frigga was watching the both of you, almost waiting for you to argue or agree.
"Is this true, (y/n)?" Odin asked, turning his attention to you. You continued looking at Loki from the corner of your eyes, and he looked back pointedly, silently commanding you to agree with his story.
"I... Yes, my King," you agreed, bowing your head.
He watched you in disbelief, wondering why Loki would lie to save you. "Very well," he said. "Loki, I hereby sentence you to eternal imprisonment in the palace dungeons. (y/n), you may return to your duties."
"Thank you, my King," you whispered, still watching Loki. You couldn't think of a valid reason for him to be so selfless. Could it be that he truly loved you?
You stood as you were unshackled, watching as the guards all but dragged your love to the dungeons. You bowed respectfully to the King and Queen before turning on your heel and taking your leave back to your chambers.
Once there you sat on your bed, thinking about Loki's decision. You had to visit him and find out why he'd done it.
A knock on your door pulled you from your thoughts. "Come in" you called.
The door opened to reveal Queen Frigga herself. You stood immediately and bowed. "My Queen. How may I help you?"
"You may sit," she said with a smile. "You are like family, my child. You need not be so formal."
You sat on your bed with a soft sigh of relief. She wasn't mad, so why was she here?
"I have come to speak to you about Loki," she stated, sitting beside you.
"What about him?" you inquired.
"Was he speaking the truth?" she asked. "Did he truly control you during your time on Midgard?"
You gulped. If you told her the truth, you'd end up in the dungeons with the prince; which, you supposed, couldn't be too bad, since you'd be closer to your love. But you would be much further away from touching him or visiting, and that would tear you apart. But this was the Queen, and you were never a very good liar. "No," you admitted. "I was not under his control. I willingly assisted him. I do not know why he lied for me but I was afraid, so I agreed."
Surprising you, she smiled. Her lips moved into a soft, loving, knowing smile. "I believe I have the answer to why he said what he did."
"Really?" you asked in surprise.
"My son is in love with you," she replied simply. "He has never shown anyone as much kindness as he's shown you. And I have a feeling that you feel much the same way."
A blush rose to your cheeks as you looked at your lap. "I do have feelings for your son, my Queen, but I do not believe that he could feel the same for me."
"Call me Mother," she smiled. "Loki would not have lied and accepted double punishment for just anyone. He must love you more than either of us realized."
"My Qu- uhm, Mother," you corrected yourself. Your thoughts were redirected as a new question entered your mind. "I mean no disrespect, but why 'Mother'?"
"Well, if you are to marry my son, that would make me your mother, would it not?"
"Marry... Oh!" Your eyes lit up, and her smile grew. "But Mother, he is sentenced to eternal imprisonment. How am I to marry... and we do not know that he wishes to marry me..." You look down at your lap, your previously happy heart sinking with thoughts of rejection.
"He does wish to marry you," Frigga assured you. "I can see it in his eyes. Now, why don't we get you dressed up and go pay him a little visit?"
You nodded with a smile as she rose from your bed and moved to your closet. You watched as she rummaged through your gowns, selecting a snowy white number with poet sleeves and a skirt that reached the floor. The bodice was corseted to accentuate your curves and the sleeves were slightly off-shoulder, giving you a princess appearance.
"This one," Frigga stated, passing the gown to you.
"I have never worn this," you admitted softly. "You presented it to me for my birthday, but I have not had an appropriate reason to wear it."
"I requested that you save it for a special occasion," she agreed with a nod. "I believe this counts as such an occasion, don't you?"
"Yes, Mother," you smiled softly. You migrated to the bathroom attached to your chambers and dressed quickly, emerging from the room to request help with the laces. You stood with your back to the Queen, holding your hair up out of her way. She laced you quickly before running her fingers through your hair.
"May I?" she asked, one hand holding your (h/c) locks. You nodded softly, sitting on the bed as she grabbed your hairbrush and began running it through your hair. You closed your eyes, relishing the feeling of someone else brushing your locks with such care. She pulled the locks back into an elegant bun, twisting and braiding, making you look like a bride.
"You're ready," she said softly, offering her hand to help you stand. You smiled and followed her to the dungeons.

"Mother?" Loki greeted in surprise. "(y/n)?"
"Hello, my son," Frigga smiled. "Be honest with me. Are you in love with this young maiden?"
Loki looked at you, taking in your snowy dress and bridal hairstyle and angelic glow. "Yes, I am," he replied without hesitation. You looked up at him in surprise, a blush rising to your cheeks.
Frigga continued to smile. "I thought so. Do you wish to marry her?"
"Yes," he replied, eyes glued to yours. You knew that he would only ever admit these feelings to the two of you, and you felt honored that he wasn't pushing either of you away.
"Then that is what I'm here to do," Frigga stated. Loki looked at her with a furrowed brow.
"What does that mean?"
"I am here to marry you," she simplified. She waved her hand over you, golden sparkles fluttering around your body. "You may now enter the cell."
Brows furrowed in caution, you lifted your hand to the wall of the cell and gasped in surprise as your fingers fell through. Loki extended his hand and grasped yours, pulling you inside. His hand remained wrapped around yours, green eyes boring into (e/c) as Frigga smiled softly.
"Do you, Loki, take this woman to be your wife?" she asked.
"Yes," he replied instantly.
"And do you, (y/n), take this man to be your husband?"
"Yes," you replied just as quickly.
"You may now kiss the bride," she grinned. Loki pulled you into his arms, one arm wrapped around your waist as the other hand grasped the back of your head, holding you close. His lips crashed into yours, kissing you with more force than he ever had. Your arms wrapped around his neck, keeping him close.
"I am afraid we cannot stay," Frigga said with a soft sigh. You pulled away from Loki, looking up at him with a soft smile. Your hand rested on his cheek as you pecked his lips once more before turning to step out of the cell.
"I will come back," you promised as the spell dissipated, leaving your hand pressed firmly against the wall of the cell.
"Goodbye, my son," Frigga said softly, turning to leave.
"Thank you, Mother," he whispered, smiling at you. Frigga smiled and walked a few feet ahead of you, letting you say your goodbyes.
"I love you," you whispered, your hand slipping away from the cell.
"I love you more."