The Spinning Image of My Father

Request for red death
A/N: Sequel to "I Didn't Do It"
I re-read the end of "I Didn't Do It" and then re-read your request, and they don't seem terribly connected. So I made the best connection I could and I hope either it was what you wanted or that you like it anyway.

It had been a few months since you became Loki's wife, and he was still imprisoned. Frigga had managed to twist Odin's arm and, due to good behavior, Loki was granted a few privileges. He had the option to have you come into the cage and spend time with him, or he could come out of the cage for a few hours and be with you in your chambers. You often chose the latter, as you felt you were being watched when you visited him in the dungeons – which, you most likely were, since there were guards at each post, watching each cell.
Your hours with Loki were limited, but Frigga promised you complete privacy when you were in your chambers or roaming the kingdom. Many residents still feared and loathed him, disagreeing with the Queen's decision to grant him a recess. You ignored the lot of them, keeping Loki at your side and your arm wrapped around his. As a result, many people feared and loathed you as well, but you knew the Queen would defend you in an instant should anyone raise a fuss.

Many a time, your hours with Loki became intimate. You only had so much time with your husband, after all. You had to make the most of it. You often wondered if you weren't careful enough, if there would be consequences to your romantic nights.
You spoke to Queen Frigga in confidence about your concerns, and she sent her best nurse to your chambers after your night with Loki. She ran a few tests before smiling fondly. Your concerns had been confirmed – you were with child.

A few nights later, Loki was granted another visit. You were grinning as you led him to your room, but you halted his advances. He looked at you with a furrowed brow, worried that he'd upset you.
You wrapped your arms around his neck, smiling up at him. You allowed a few kisses before taking a hold of his hands, holding his wrists. You placed his palms on your belly and looked up at him. He looked back down at you with a raised brow.
"There isn't much there now," you began, "but in a few months..."
His eyes widened. "Do you mean...?"
"We're having a baby," you grinned.
His lips pulled back into the most genuine smile you'd ever seen as his arms wrapped around your waist. He lifted you up, a giggle escaping your lips. He spun you around, his arms tight around you. You held onto his shoulders, burying your face in his neck.
He set you down and pressed a loving kiss to your lips.
"So you're happy?" you clarified, looking up at him.
He laughed heartily, kissing your head. "Very happy."

Nine months later, an agonizing scream ripped from your lungs. You lied in a white bed, soaked in your own sweat, hands gripping the rails and head thrown back as another cry of pain escaped your throat. You'd been in labor for several hours – your baby was taking his own sweet time seeing the world. Loki was granted permission to witness the birth, and he stood beside you, offering you one hand to squeeze while the other pushed your wet hair back from your head.
"Almost there, love," he cooed, kissing your forehead. "I can see him."
"You're doing great, Miss (y/n)," the nurse assured you. "One more push."
You pushed with everything you had, one last scream rang out through the hospital wing. You let out heavy pants as your body collapsed, exhausted. The nurses cleaned your baby and dressed him in Asgardian robed before handing him back to you. You grinned down at the bundle of pale skin and black hair, holding him gently. Loki ran a hand across his head, pressing a kiss to his brow.
"He looks just like you," you smiled tiredly. You shared a kiss with your prince before falling asleep with the baby in your arms.

Four years later, your son Gwydion (1) was the proud spinning image of his father. During the first year of his life, Loki's sentence had been severely shortened, and Gwydion's first birthday present was the end of Loki's imprisonment.
For the last few weeks, your son showed signs of magical abilities. He learned early on that he could teleport, though he didn't entirely understand it. This led to great frustration for you, as he always chose a different room to transport to. Loki was proud and found it amusing, not understanding your frustration.
It was when Gwydion threw a tantrum that you were really proud.
Of course, the tantrum itself was loud and obnoxious and overly dramatic, but a new power showed itself when he got really upset or overwhelmed – a power that Loki was not ready to witness.
As Gwydion stood before you, hands balled into fists and feet planted firmly on the floor, he held his breath angrily and his skin began to turn blue. Not the out-of-breath blue that happened when one was cold or falling unconscious. It was a vibrant cobalt blue, with tribal runes and ruby eyes. Said eyes narrowed dangerously as he glared at you for taking his favorite toy.
You tried to hide the small smirk on your lips while Loki stared wide-eyed.
He watched as you knelt down to Gwydion's level, placing your hands on his shoulders. You looked into his glowing garnet eyes and took in a breath.
"You're okay, Gwydion. You're not hurt. You're not in danger. Just calm down."
He looked back at you, eyes softening. He took in a deep breath through his nose, then formed his lips into a small 'o' and blew it out. He then smiled at you as his skin shifted back to its normal peachy hue. His eyes faded back to an emerald green as he rushed at you, throwing his arms around your neck. "I love you, Mommy."
"I love you too, honey." You wrapped your arms around his waist and lifted him up, resting him on your hip. You then turned to Loki and pressed a kiss to his jaw.
"I love you darling."
His arms wrapped around both you and Gwydion as he smiled softly. "I love you both."

(1) Gwydion is Welsh for "God of Magic." I was trying to find a name that had to do with trickster or mischief or magic, because Loki.