Chapter 6 - Asthma?

Dean sat in the waiting room focusing on his hands and his foot tapping away. For the first time, ever, Dean prayed for something, for Cas. He didn't understand the whole 'God business' , but it was worth a shot

Um Hello? God? Its me Dean Winchester... Im new at this so I'm just gunna skip to the chase. Its my friend Castiel Novak.. Im pretty sure you know him.. Anyway he's really sick. Doctors didn't explain anything to me so just.. I don't know.. I guess make him feel better. Um... Bye

Dean looked up at the ceiling before staring back down at the ground again.

Deans head shot up as he heard the yells of people coming through the halls. "WHERE THE FUCK IS CASTIEL NOVAK?" Someone yelled. "YEAH THATS MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND BITCH!" Deans eyebrows knitted together. Boyfriend? "Gabriel behave were in a hospital!" The voiced got closer as he soon saw a shortish person with light brown hair storm to the front desk. "WHAT ROOM IS CASTIEL NOVAK IN?" Someone, a girl with red hair, behind him yelled. "Charlie shush!" "YEAH WHERES MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND AT?" "GABRIEL QUIET WERE IN A FUCKING HOSPITAL!" The shorter guy cleared his voice before speaking again. "Ahem.. wheres my fucking boyfriend?" The Gabriel person whispered.

The man at the front desk typed away at his computer. "How are you related to the patient?" As if planned, everyone responded at once. "He's our brother!" "He's my boyfriend!" Everyone hit the shorter kid. "GABRIEL!"

The man nodded before typing again. "Um sorry sir but there appears to be a mistake, his husband is right over there." Shit.

Another woman with a bun in her hair made her way to the front next to the Gabriel person. "My apologies sir but this fool is actually his brother." The woman glared at Gabriel before realizing what the man said. "WAIT, HUSBAND?" Everyone turned to see me in the corner of the room eyes wide and nervous as hell. I waved because hey its castiels family i had to be nice.

Immediately everyone ran over to me as i kept on repeating words in my head.

Shit shit shit shit shit

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" The Gabe kid asked me. "Um.. Dean Winchester?" I shrugged before there eyes narrowed at me. "You mean the DEAN winchester?" I nodded before i was being pulled in by the shirt from a taller person that had dirty blond hair and scars around his eyes. "Do you know how much Castiel cried for you? You wanna know why they call me Lucifer? Because my eyes turn red like satan when I'm pissed off." He narrowed his eyes before he was pulled back by a red head with freckles everywhere. "Luci i got this.." Smiling she started to speak. "Hi names Charlie... So um your Dean Huh?.." She caught me off guard smacking me straight in the face. I know i deserved it but it hurt like a bitch. "You have some balls for coming around castiel you know that?" I looked away because it was true... I mean I'm shocked he even let me take him from school..

"Look i know what i did to cas was a pretty shitty thing to do, but I'm the one that brought him here in the first place!" I huffed letting my arms fall to my sides. "And whys that?" Lucifer asked.

Shit. I fucked up big time.

"I.. I um.." Someone tapped my shoulder. "Mrs. Novak?" I nodded feeling the stares of Castiels siblings burn though me. "Castiel is holding up fine, you can see him now if yo-" "YES" i coughed realizing i spoke to soon. "I mean.. Yes i would."

The lady lead me into a room quietly as some of the Novaks tried to follow, but only Gabriel was aloud in until further notice. Thank god it wasn't satan back there.. I sighed in relief.

//Castiels POV//

I was hooked up to a heart monitor and and a thing that gave me air. I had a large plastic cup thing over my nose and mouth which was gave me the oxygen that i was lacking. There where see through screens of my lungs and ribcage, which made me regret so much.

I saw Dean enter with Gabriel behind him, both looking worried. "OH MY GOSH CASSIE YOUR OKAY!" Gabriel ran over to me and hugged me tight. "G-gabriel... Lungs.. Cant breaTH!" He let go as i smiled and coughed a little. I saw dean look at me with tears in his eyes, but he didn't say anything, he only ran to me and hugged me less tighter than Gabe. "Geez Cas don't scare me like that! I just meet you again and your dying on me!" He sat down next to me and smiled pushing my hair back. I smiled back and looked at Gabriel who's eyes where narrowed at Dean. "Um.. Gabriel this is.. De-" "i know who it is." He snapped crossing his arms. "He's the one that played you and got you depressed..." Dean looked down at my hand and didn't say a thing. He turned to Gabriel. "Look i know i fucked up okay? Listen.. I obviously care about Cas and thats why I'm here." He sighed before continuing. "Im trying to make up my time but I'm just messing shit up again." He looked at me before looking at Gabe. "Im sorry I'm a shitty person but look I'm going to make it up to you AND Cas if its the last thing i do."

I looked at Gabriel for any sign of expression. He looked at me before looking at dean. "Okay.. But if you fuck up thats the last straw.. And I'm only doing this for Castiel." He smiled at me before the doctor came in with a clip board in hand. "Okay Castiel, Mrs.Novak and signifiant other?" She looked up at Dean and Gabriel who looked at each other before speaking at the same time. "Yes?" This time i was confused.

"Dean you told them we where married?" I coughed before blushing a little. "They wouldn't let me see you.." He responded sheepishly before i turned my attention to Gabriel. "And you said i was your boyfriend.. What the fuck Gabe?" Gabriel shrugged and copied deans excuse. "They wouldn't let me see you." I pinched the bridge of my nose before smiling. "Gabe.. Your my brother you idiot they where going to let me see you." He smiled before turning to the doctor. "So whats the news on ol Cassie over here?" Dean smirked before giving the worst joke ever. "Yeah whats up doc?" He chuckled and hit my side softly as i rolled my eyes.

The doctor ignored deans joke as she explained what happened. "Okay so the good news is you can go home tomorrow.. The bad news is you had an allergic reaction to pollen which caused your throat to get swollen, which lead to your lack of breathing... We also found signs of smoking from observing you lungs which might of also triggered what you now have, asthma." She pointed to the picture of my lungs on board behind her as i mentally face palmed. "So I'm okay now right?" I asked ignoring Gabriel and Deans stares.

She sighed before replying. "Well not exactly... Now you have to use one of these.." She pulled out a small device from her pocket. "Its an Asthma inhaler that can contain different types of medications, all of which have an effect on the small airways in the lungs. This is a typical "rescue inhaler" that asthmatics are often prescribed for quick and short-term relief of symptoms like shortness of breath and wheezing..which is a side affect of your smoking." She looked up from her paper before giving Gabriel the device as he looked at me worried.

After the doctor left dean looked at me. "Cas... You smoke?" I turned away before nodding knowing Gabriel would freak out. "Cas i though you where done with smoking! You where 2 months clean... What happened?" Gabriel asked standing up and pacing the room.

"Dean happened.." I said sadly looking into deans eyes as his widened. " i did this to you?" He whispered making me regret so much right now. I nodded as Gabriel came over fists raised as dean who just sat there looking at me. "Gabe don't.." I said still not looking back at dean.

in all my years of life, i never saw Gabriel cry... He didn't cry when mom and dad died... He didn't cry when the family pet died.. Hell he never cried.. but as i saw a tear slide down his cheek and him storm out of the room, i knew i fucked up really bad..

_________

Well shit

✌🏼️