Chapter 2 - A Familiar Name and Can Wars

5 Years Later

Castiel walked along the crowded hallways of Lawrence Highschool. Bickering and whispers of the students filled his ears along with the music blasting through his earphones.

"..But some kind of madness is swallowing me whole, yeah
I have finally seen the light
And I have finally realized
What you mean
Oh oh oh
And now, I need to know is this real love
Or is it just madness keeping us afloat?.."

Cas adjusted his bag as everyone started to stare at him and whisper. He reached for a button on his earphones and paused his music.

"Hey did you hear? Dean winchesters back in town."

"Yeah he was Castiel's friend"

"I heard he's totally hot now!"

"I bet when dean sees castiel he's going to puke!"

Cas brought his shoulders to his neck and tried to fade into the air, but it obviously didn't work. I bet there just rumors... He thought playing his music again and blocking out the sounds of the outside world. He needed to take a breather.

Castiel quickly turned the corner of the hall and ran into the guys bathroom. He ran into the nearest stall and threw his bag on the floor feeling the need to puke. He closed the lid on the toilet and sat down sighing. He reached in his bag and pulled put a picture that was torn and burned at the edges with tape in the center. It was the picture he took the day before everything turned into a living hell. Dean smile was faded and castiels side was burned off a little, but it was still special to him.

He held it close like it was the last thing on earth. Castiel never told anyone he still had the picture. It was his little secret. Cas took the image and put it back in his bag and zipped it up as he stood. Throwing the bag over his shoulders, he walked out of the stall in silence.

Cas walked over to the mirrors and looked at his reflection. All his clothes where black and ripped with zippers in random places. His face was tired from this morning and the gauges in his ears where lazily put in. His blue hair was everywhere and it was sticking up in a million directions. "Nothing a beanie cant fix." He smirked grabbing a black beanie from his bag and placing it on his head, hiding his mess of hair. "You can do this castiel, just two more hours of hell." He reassured himself as he walked back into the crowded hallways.

After School

Castiel walked along the side walk with no rush to get home. Ever since that day he never walked on the right of that road. Never.

Cas looked around his surroundings and enjoyed the peace. It wasn't loud and rowdy like school, it was more bliss and calm. It was enjoyable.

He continued down the path of the twisted street counting all the birds that passed him. Castiel always enjoyed birds and there nature of living. Cas really enjoyed the way they moved around places, free, with no care in the world. His favorite where the black crows that flew by the school. He loved the way there wings turned shades of blue in the light and how they disappeared at night. They where mysterious creatures that he liked.

He was almost home which was the worst part of his day. The problem was he lived close to Dean, only a couple of houses down was his. Every time he walked pass the old house he saw the new family and there cars. He didn't see the old impala that Dean always wanted to drive when he was younger, but only a red truck that he hated. Everything about the house was diffrent. The porch was painted another color, the grass was filled with beer bottles and trash, even the actual house felt diffrent. It just wasn't the same.

Castiel closed his eyes tight and avoided eye contact with the home like he did everyday. After a few seconds he opened them and continued down the path to his home to see his large family that he loved.

Castiel walked up the porch and opened the un-locked door. The Novaks always kept it un-locked for friends that need a place to crash for the night. Cas walked inside his large home to be greeted by a soda can to the face.

Ah yes this was the normal greeting for the Novaks. Whether you had ninja training or where a pizza man, you would always be pelted with something. Like one time when Cas came home from his finals, he walked into a trap from his brothers Gabriel and Lucifer. He was covered in pink glitter for days.

//Castiels POV//

Immediately i dropped my bag and ran for cover behind a couch. I noticed Gabriel was there too with Alfie by his side. "Sup lil bro how was school?" Gabe asked handing me empty cans and bottles of drinks. "It was hell like always." I took the cans. "Who are we aiming for?" Gabe stood up as chucked a can across the room. "Anyone on the other side." Alfie yelled handing a can of Dr Pepper to Gabe. He crouched down again and took the can to throw at someone. I stood up and threw my can at the nearest person. Lucifer. "HEY EVERYONE CAS IS HOME!" Luci called getting up from behind the kitchen table. "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"  Hannah yelled back from some where in the room. "BECAUSE THAT TOSS WAS AWFUL AND IT MISSED ME BY 2 FEET!!" "SHUT YOUR FACE SATAN!" I yelled back standing up in full vision and crossing my arms.

Seconds later i was pelted with bottles of soda and a spoon. I tried to block them but it was no use. I covered my face and fell down giving up. "Gosh i hate you guys." I laughed rubbing my head. "HEY I SAID NO SPOONS ALOUD!" Gabe yelled picking up the spoon and chucking it at Anna. She dodged it and continued to read her book on the kitchen counter. "Don't be rude" she said turning the page.

Everyone got out from there hiding spots and sat down on the couches and chairs. I got up and sat down next to gabe. "So what was that can war about?" I asked looking at the large mess that we had to pick up. "Well Anna was trying to be a good little angel and recycle the cans, but i said 'fuck that' and grabbed a can and threw it at luci, which started this." Gabe gestured at the living rooms mess. I nodded and smiled leaning into the couch, but something wasn't right. "Is anyone gone or something?" I asked my smile fading. Everyone looked around and shook there head. "No the gangs al here" Balazar responded grabbing a water from the fridge. "Why?" Hannah asked. "It just feels like someones missing..." Everyone looked around and shrugged.

They said we where all here but it didn't feel like it. Someone was missing. I thought of all the people i know. Charlie? No.. Kevin?.. No.. My mind was crossing out all the names that i remembered, until i finally realized who that someone was, but i didn't want to admit it. I didn't want to admit that the missing feeling of someone was Dean Winchester.

________

Gosh i have so many tests coming up and i hope i pass them :7:

Yeah i really like this story and i have so many ideas!

Is the story good so far though??? I mean i like it so..

✌️