Chapter 1

"Kendie! Are you here?!"

"In the kitchen!" I called out as I start putting my salad together. Gonna stay fit and healthy.

"Hi babygirl. How are you? How's NYC?" Mom greeted, hugging me.

I just came back from NYC to finished the swimming suits photo shoots from VS. Proud to be one of the newly recruited angels of 2014.

"I'm doing great mom. And the shoot was amazing. The girls are amazing." I answered as I lead her to my living room and we both took our seats.

"That's great. We're so proud of you. The show was amazing sweetie. Your dad was a little bit freaked out but what dad wouldn't? Our babygirl is growing up so fast." She claimed, taking a sip of her drink.

I couldn't help but chuckle. "Aww mom. Thanks. I promise I won't grow up too fast ok? Oh. By the way where's dad? And how's Kendall?"

"Oh. He's picking up Kylie from school and Kendall is a little bummed up about the auditions but she's so proud of you though. The others are doing great."

"Typical. He always favored Kylie anyway. Well. Kendall will get over it. There's always this year or next." I rolled my eyes, taking a bite from my salad.

"Don't be like that. Kylie's 17 and still in school."

"Ok." I answered. Not really bothering in answering back.

"So you and Justin?" She asked me out of nowhere.

"What?" I asked her as if I heard her wrong.

"You and Justin dating?" She asked again, grinning at me.

"Where the hell did that came from mom? Me and Justin are ok. But we're not there yet." I answered her nonchalantly.

Me and Justin were for now friends as you say. After him and Selena called it off, he spent more time on friends and different kinds of people. And I'm one of those people.

We started as friends, to close friends, and now we're let's just say mutual understanding stage. He wants to take it to the next level but I'm just wasn't ready for it. But I promised him that on my 18th birthday with my parents consent, maybe. Just maybe. I don't know.

"But you guys were the sweetest thing on the runway. When he performed that night he was just amazing. His eyes were glued onto you evertime you come out." She claimed excitedly.

"He does not! Oh my gosh mom let's just not talk about this." I answered back, slamming lightly my glass of water.

"Ok. No need to get bitchy missy" she raised her hands.

"So your birthday is tomorrow. What do you want to do on your birthday?" She quickly changed the topic.

Oh yeah. My birthday is coming up on February 2. How can I forget about that?

"I donno. Were already having a family dinner tonight so will just go with the plans. You know." I answered shrugging. Not really interested in talking about this right now.

"And your public appearance where and when was that again?"

"Canada the following day after my birthday. Justin will be there. So yeah." I shrugged again.

"Oh ok. So we'll talk about this later ok? Your father has been restless to ask you about the boy you know." Mom said as she stood up.

Rolling my eyes again I nodded and place the bowl of salad on the table and stood up.

"So I'll be taking my leave now. We'll be expecting you later to be not late ok?"

"Ok mom. See you later." I gave her a hug.

"I love you sweetie. Bye." Hugging me back.

"Love you too. See you guys later."

She pulls away and walk out of my house.

I slump back on my couch and started to eat the salad again. Then my phone beeped. I glance down at it and saw a message from Justin.

Hi gorgeous. How are you? Your birthday's tomorrow. I have a surprise for you 😉

I chuckle and took my phone and begun typing a reply.

Doing great babe. Should I be glad or be worried about that surprise of yours?

Not missing me even a little bit? That hurts Kends. A little bit of both maybe. 😉

Nope. Cause I'm missing you big time. ❤️ well. What should I expect from the great Biebs anyway?

Not telling anything babe. Oh and I'm missing you a lot. How's the family? Still crazy? Lol

Same old crazy family. Nothing much has change. Speaking of family. I gotta go. We have a family dinner later.

Oh ok. Call you later then?

Sure. Laters baby 😘

Yeah. Later babe 😘

I lock up my phone and stood up. Bringin my empty bowl and glass with me to the kitchen.

After cleaning up and feeding my 1 year old pit bull named Yolly, I went up stairs to my closet room and begun picking up an outfit for tonight.

I've choosen an all white outfit. White Bodycon dress, long sleeves. And a pair of white gladiator heeled shoes.

Laying down my clothes on the bed, I begun getting myself ready. Freshening up and putting up some light make up on. Not a fan of heavy makeup. Makes my face itchy as hell.

After getting ready, I grabbed my channel bag and kiss Yolly goodbye before walking inside my white matte colored Hammer.

I look at the time before starting the engine and drove off my Mom's house.