“Would you look at yourself? You’re lucky I didn’t break something.” He looked down at my neck and sighed again. “By the way that’s going to last for a while.”

I put a hand to the spot where he had bitten me and winced, it was tender and sore. I’m sure there was going to be an even more obvious mark there than on my shoulder.

He looked away and his jaw jutted out. I leant up and kissed his neck and he shoved me down with a lightning fast reflex.

“What did I just say?” He said.

“You said you can't, you didn’t say anything about me.” I shrugged a little and it took him a while before he smiled.

“God, I hate you.” He said as he rolled me over and began kissing me all over again.

It was pretty late by the time I left Derek’s place, he came with me in my car, I’m not totally sure why. He said something about me being a trigger but I uh… wasn’t really listening.

We sat in silence in the car as I drove home, Derek either staring out the window or at me. It was slightly odd but I didn’t mind.

“So…” I said, trying to break the silence.

He just stared over at me.

“So am I like your boyfriend now?” I grinned at him, knowing that it would bug him.

He shot me a death glare and rolled his eyes. “Don’t ever call me that.”

“So you know I don’t really care about the bruises and stuff. I mean this might be a bit hard to hide,” I pointed to my neck, “but I don’t really mind it.”

“When I tear out your throat or rip parts of you to shreds you might have something different to say.” He said.

“Well, I probably won't be saying anything if you rip my throat out. And how many times can you threaten to rip me open before I figure out that you’re bluffing?”

He leant over and whispered in my ear. “It’s not a bluff it’s a gamble I take.” When he took my earlobe into his mouth I swerved a little but managed to stay on the road.

He rubbed his hand up my thigh and I exhaled shakily. “Hey look there’s my house.”

I pulled into the driveway and Derek pulled away from me as we got out of the car. He walked with me up the steps and we stopped on my porch.

“Look I don’t really know what’s going on here but-”

He grabbed my face with his and kissed me. He slipped one hand to my waist and pulled me into him. This kiss was softer, tenderer than the others. I have to say, I liked it a lot.

I leapt back from him as the door opened and my father came out with an eyebrow raised. Derek looked pretty calm but I was a little jittery.

“Dad, hey, I was just-”

“Stiles, relax.” He said, putting his hands up.

“Good to see you Sheriff.” Derek said before he gave me a smile and began walking away.

“Goodnight Mr Hale.” My father watched him until he hit the path and then turned to me. “You coming in?”

I slunk past him and tried to escape to my room but he grabbed my arm. “Okay dad, listen, before you say anything I-”

“Stiles, you don’t need to explain yourself to me. If you want to stand around on the porch kissing boys like Derek Hale then go for it… well, you know what I mean.” He nodded understandingly.

“Wait, you’re not mad or shocked or anything?”

“Not really.” He shrugged. “What does shock me is who you were out there with.”

I sighed. “Yeah, I know Derek is a bit…”

“I mean I thought maybe you could be… you know… but I didn't think you had it in you to get a guy like that.” He actually looked… proud.

“Thanks dad.” I rolled my eyes and he gave me a pat on the shoulder.

“You’ll always be my son.” I returned his gesture and turned to go upstairs. “Oh and Stiles?” I turned around and looked back expectantly. “All of the things I told you back when you were fourteen… that still applies, okay?”

I know my cheeks flushed but I tried to play it cool. “Do you really think that-” he pointed to his neck and I put my hand over the bruise. “Right. Night dad.” I rushed up the stairs; I couldn’t get out of there fast enough.

“Goodnight Stiles.”

I got to my room and closed the door behind me. God that was embarrassing.

“At least you have his approval.” I jumped about a mile as I turned to see Derek standing by the dresser… again.

“Are you always here?” I asked and he smiled.

“I can be.”

“Thanks for warning me that he was coming by the way.” I grumbled.

He walked over to me and kissed me.

“Oh yeah, that makes it better.” I said and he laughed again.

I walked over to my desk and leant on it.

“Do you want me to stay?” He asked.

“Obviously.” I said. “Oh, and one more thing?” I said without turning around.

“Yeah?” The look on his face was priceless when I turned around and whacked him on the nose with a magazine.

“What the hell?” He growled.

“You know what that was for.” I said, hiding my smile.

It took him a moment but he grinned, his red eyes glowing as he grabbed me and threw me onto my bed.

This was probably going to be a long night.