Chapter Two

Derek –

I want you.” I clenched my teeth as I heard his voice echo in my head.

I almost stopped, I almost turned back but I wasn’t about to do it. I didn’t want to take something from him that I had forced on him. Who said that this was what he really wanted? I know he said that he wanted me once he thought I was out of earshot but that doesn’t mean that he really meant it. Idiot, I already mentioned my hearing once today.

But for some reason his idiocy was charming.

I can't explain my attraction for Stiles, it’s more frustrating than it is anything else.

It’s the wolf in me, there’ something about him that draws me in. Maybe it’s the way he stands up to me with that smart mouth of his.

I can't help who I am, who I was born, but I didn’t give him a choice on this and he deserves one. I walked back to my house with my fists clenched to try and control myself.

That’s another thing; even if he made the choice I would have to be so careful because I won't make him into what I am. It’s hard when my desire crosses into something else. Anger and lust were so close that it was hard to separate them sometimes.

Maybe that’s where this started. Stiles could make me so angry and one day I just looked at him and then… I knew that I wanted to have him.

Taking what I wanted was one thing; taking his virginity was another, especially when he had clearly never thought of himself in this way.

It’s a strange feeling, when you just know that you want someone. It’s a werewolf thing. It’s all about scent. There are some people who just give off pheromones that we find attractive, irresistible. It doesn’t always stay the same and sometimes it doesn’t start off that way but all I know is that being around them makes it harder to keep in control of that side of you.

You always have the scents surrounding you and it’s easy enough to tune them out, unless it’s someone who triggers you. That’s what Stiles does for me. Being a werewolf makes it hard to be definitively straight or gay. We see people as people, or smell them, and physical attraction comes second. Resisting a trigger is harder than you would think.

I want him and I feel that in every part of my body, it’s like an instinct. All I have to do is wait for that feeling to go away. In my experience, waiting it out is the only way to get rid of the feeling. Sometimes people never stop feeling it for one person, and then it’s just easier to move.

I reached my house and walked up the front stairs. When I opened the door Erica and Boyd were hanging about in what used to be the living room.

“Are the two of you still here?” I said roughly.

“Are you still pining for Scott’s little side-kick?” Erica asked in a not so sweet way.

I glared at her and she gave me a satisfied smile.

“Leave him alone.” Boyd said.

I wasn’t about to jump up and thank his for defending me, in all honesty I didn’t care what she said to me. It’s just amusing to watch her trying to get under my skin the way I know I can to her.

“I just think it’s a real waste, you know? Someone like you… going after him.” Erica said.

“Well, that’s what happens. It’s not like I have any control over it.” I said.

“You don’t have to want him.” She said.

“He’s a trigger for me, so like I said, I don’t have any control over it.” I said, slightly annoyed.