stay with me (1/?)

i sat by the phone all night waiting for any news about Stiles. a run in with Beacon Hills newest supernatural terror meant he was currently lying in Deacons office being 'patched up' as Scott called it. but i'd known Scott long enough to hear the fear in his voice, Stiles was in serious trouble and i was being kept away because Scott didn't want me to see him like this.
finally Scott rang me, a glimmer of hope shined bright inside but Scotts words tore it apart. "he's weak (y/n), he might not make it'"
"what do you mean?'"i stammered, "he-he has to make it. he has to."
"i really don't know (y/n) but i-" i cut Scott off by putting down the phone before racing to my car and to the vets.
--
i reached the door and hesitated, did i really want to see Stiles like this? would he want me to see him like this? i cast all my doubt aside and strode in only to meet Scott's red, irritated eyes- it was obvious he'd been crying. 'Scott i ha-' i started, but instead of replying he shook his head and pulled me into his strong arms and kept you there for a second, you could smell the mix of cologne and sweat embedded into his jumper. after standing like that for a little while he nodded to the door. you gave him a sweet smile and he returned it- but the usual light in his eyes had gone out.
--
the room was dimly lit and the smell of metal and blood lingered in the air  that surrounded me, it was almost uncomfortable to be in there- claustrophobic even but you stayed strong for Stiles and for Scott. i scanned the room before my eyes fell on Stiles' limp body lying on a table in the middle of the darkness. he was shirtless, something i usually enjoyed but his torso was covered in cuts and deep wounds. his skin was pale and had a web of veins beneath. a single chair was positioned next to the boy, holding his hand, i sat down in it. his skin was cold and hard- not like the Stiles i knew- so warm and full of light. it was as if all life was drained from him but he was clinging on to that last bit of hope.
"stay with me," i whispered, "i can't lose you Stiles. i can't lose my best friend. you're more than that"

with tears rolling down my cheek, i watched the gentle rise and fall of his bare chest. he looked peaceful and calm, i could hear the steady beat of his heart.
--
i opened my eyes to see Scott shaking me awake, i had fallen asleep next to Stiles who still lay unconscious on the table. I wasn't sure when in the night i fell asleep but it didn't feel like too long.

the chair wasn't the most comfortable place to sleep so i woke up with weird pains in my back. noticing it, Scott picked some paracetamol out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"thanks." i croaked in a husky morning voiced. "did you sleep well?" he questioned. "not really but it's whatever, with you guys running around Beacon Hills fighting monsters and all i don't get much sleep anyway." Scott just chuckled and shook his head in a friendly way.

you looked down to see Stiles' body lying limp on the bed and felt a wave of sadness through your veins. his once soft skin was now bruised and scratched, but still beautiful. it was painful to see Stiles, someone why meant the world to you, someone who would do anything to make people happy, the one who had been by your side for years- he could do no wrong yet he was the one hurt and in pain and i could do nothing to help. i wished it was me lying there, i wish it was me instead of Stiles- he didn't deserve any of this. not one bit.

"Scott what if he doesn't-" i looked up but saw Scott had already left "oh" i whimpered.

i could feel tears pricking behind my eyes and turned around to try and stop it and calm down. wiping my eyes and taking a deep breath i felt a hand grab your wrist, i gasped before turning around. "cara." he sighed and i smiled only to see his face light up.
~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: hello, yes i'm back to writing, i know it's been a long time. BUT HELLO GUYS ILY. i guess i left this on a cliffhanger kind of but do you want a part 2?????????