Star Wars Chapter 1: Hoth trench warfare

This first story is from the empire view and we will be looking at 67th battalion Snow Vanguard squad fighting the rebellion. Commander Bleach is given the field in operatives as we speak....

"You have a duty to do! It is a great honour to be where you are today! As Snow troopers you have proven your loyalty!" Spat commander Bleach.

"Sir, what about the battle plan?" Said Snow Unit 13.

"I was getting there! As soon as you can, jump into the trenches! We want to hold the land as close as possible to their base. Once inside said base, you shall hold out in the hanger and await Lord Vaders arrival! It is an honour to be Snow Vanguard team! Squad roll out."

The snow desert planet Hoth is a treacherous as any. With various mountains packing at 8000 meters and caves deeper than you can imagine. There are also various other hazards. The Yeti's are a small problem, 8 ft man eating hairy things. The rebel base is encased in the side of a mountain, providing shelter from bombing runs. The empire and Snow Vanguard squad are currently at checkpoint Alpha, from which they have to get to check point Delta. They must go through terrain that is under heavy attack and fire. But with the help of mighty machinery and pure skill, they might just be able to pull it of.

Checkpoint Delta...

"Squad, on my call!" Shouted commander bleach over the noise. They were currently landing in their troop carrier. The doors opened revealing a snow wasteland with Rebels and Empire colliding everywhere.
"...Go!" Shouted commander bleach, and Snow vanguard squad ran as fast as they could for cover.

Now we are going to introduce some more characters from Snow Vanguard squad. We have Ace (the sniper of the group. Amazing eye but no good at close up)
We have Tristan (the heavy who always either had an impact launcher or laser mini
gun in his hands)
We have two more that are twin brothers. Drake (recon and surveillance specialist, amazing survivalist and good with the EE-11 blaster. Last of all we have Thorn (always carries two pistols in his belt. Amazing at up close combat including hand to hand. Rumour says he managed to take down a Jedi of the old republic in his early days and that's why he got promoted to Snow Vanguard squad.)
Now you now the characters les get back on to the story...

Unit 16 'Drake's" point of view

As I am sprinting as fast as I can to some snow mounds a few metres from some trenches I can hear and see many people falling, wounded, injured and dying. I slide a few metres landing behind the snow mound, giving decent cover. Ace and thorn come crashing next to me.
"Ace! Chuck an impact Grenade into trench 3!" I shout over the noise. Ace pulls a round grenade from his belt and tosses it into the closest trench. "Cover your ears!" I shout, doing so myself. A huge bang and snow covering the ground were we lye.

"Roll out!" Shouts thorn. "I'll give cover fire!" He kneels over the mound shooting randomly while me and ace duck and run. Ace suddenly gets hit in the shoulder.

"Arg!" Shouts Ace. Clasping his arm in pure agony. He falls over, straight into the trench, his helmet falling of. With bullets coming from each direction me and Thorn jump in to the trench next to ace who is still in agony. "Guys I think I have an idea." Says Ace in shot breaths. "Pass me a thermal impactor!" I pass him a grenade and to my shock he climbs out of the trench and throws it as far as possible. Before it has time to land, he brings out his energy sniper and scopes it. A huge explosion can be seen as it seems to have hit an explosive barrel causing masses of devastation. There is about 15 dead rebels where the explosion took place.

"Nice shot ace-" Says thorn but is cut of by Ace flying over the head of the trench, smashing into some containers. He is dead. Thorn and I peer over the trench to see what could have caused it, and when we see Luke sky walker, we know exactly.

Instantly we open fire, hitting his light sabre and deflecting back at us.