Chapter 17

Evelyn sat there and stared into Thranduil's eyes. He had made her heart skip a few beats with those five words. "I'm in love with you" nobody in her life had ever said that before but him. To her it was foreign.

What could she say? She was flustered, it was his gaze against hers. Her blush matched the roses beside them and Thranduil felt proud. He had finally let her know how much she meant to him, but now, he needed to know how she felt about him.

"I guess you could say from the moment I saw you that maybe our fates were meant to be crossed." Evelyn smiled up at him "what I'm meaning to say is...Ive fallen in love with you too."

The two smiled at each other and for a moment time seemed to stop. Neither of them realized how happy they made each other. And for once in their lives, they felt complete.

Evelyn scooted closer to Thranduil, resting her head on his shoulder. And he draped part of his robe over her shoulders so they'd share the warmth. For a while they sat there, just calmly enjoying each other's presence. She listened to how his heart would beat, every so often it would skip beats. She smiled against his chest, giggling once or twice.

"Whats so funny?"

"Nothing...it's just every so often, your heart skips beats. I think it's beautiful."

"I think you're beautiful."  She looked up at him, blushing

Thranduil looked at the sky. It was late and the air was beginning to get chilly. A storm maybe? He couldn't tell. But he didn't want them to freeze.

"We should go, it's getting late.." Thranduil said standing. And the two walked back to the palace, hand in hand.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

He had walked her back to her room like the gentlemen he is. And he opened the door for her.

Evelyn shivered as she entered the room. It was chilly, but the windows and balcony doors were all closed. Her teeth chattered as she continued moving forward.

Thranduil must've heard it, because he wrapped her in his robe.

"Oh, you don't have to do that...I was just going to take a warm bath. I'll be alright."

"Keep it, you might need it later." He smiled, walking up to her, planting a kiss on her cheek before leaving.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*

After warming up in the bath, Evelyn hopped out and quickly dressed in a warm nightgown. The moment she opened the bathroom door, all the steam and warm air left the room. The stone floor was cold as ice and she scurried to the blankets. Flinging herself on her bed, she wrapped herself in Thranduil's robe, covered herself with the blankets and tried to fall asleep.

Hours later, it was till freezing and she hadn't fallen asleep. Her teeth chatted like crazy and she was shaking nonstop. The blankets nor robe provided any help what so ever. She tried to stay warm, but it was no use.

Evelyn lit a few candles on her nightstand and she it was so cold that she could see her own  breath.

Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. There was only one person who it  could be.

"Evelyn? May I come in?"

"Yes, please come in."

He came in from across the hall, carrying about a dozen logs into her room. He made a few trips, bringing in more and more wood.

"What are you doing?"

"I can hear your chatters from across the hall. It's obvious that you're freezing."

She watched as Thranduil stacked a huge pile of wood in the fireplace and lit it on fire. The fire raged, and the warmth that it brought made Evelyn feel way better.

"Thank you." She smiled, getting cozy in bed. Her heart dropped when she saw Thranduil leaving. "Wait."

"Is there something else you need?"

"Stay with me? Please?" He smiled and nodded

"Of course, I'll be back in a moment."

He came back carrying his blankets and spread them out over Evelyn's bed so she'd be warmer. And before getting into bed, he threw the rest of the wood in the fire.

Once under the covers, he wrapped his arms around Evelyn and she cuddled up next to him. He could feel how cold she was, all he wanted to do was help.

Evelyn enjoyed the warmth Thranduil provided and his company. The flames of the fire stopped her chills and chatters.

Thranduil glanced at Evelyn. She looked so peaceful and innocent when she slept. He noticed that one of her arms lay outside the blanket. Looking down he could see the scars on her wrists, they were fading. She hadn't been cutting since before he brought her here. He felt accomplished, knowing that she was keeping herself out of harms way from herself.

He still didn't feel right knowing she had done that to herself. If he was completely honest with himself, he had felt that way a few times, but he would never actually do it. It gave him a new perspective of Evelyn. How brave she was taking that chance, continuing her life . It wasn't a good idea to cut herself, nobody should do that to themselves, but she did and she's brave for continuing her life. Thranduil hoped she'd never do it again. He hoped that she'd be in his life forever and he'd be in hers.

"I love you Evelyn...so much."

Thranduil blew out the candles and fell soundlessly asleep.

I know it's short but I'm in sort of a writers block. This is all I have so far. I hope you guys like it tho. -Natalia